+12.+

After going back to the jazz club and doing a little convincing to the bar tender who worked there all his life pretty much, I found out where the man Ricky and this Nellie lady lives who is his wife.

"You sure you want to do this?" Uncle Carter asked.

"I'm sure I'll be fine alone. I don't think they'll feel comfortable with both of you there but I'm another story. There's only one answer to what he meant she's like me." I said. Hadrian and my uncle nodded so I turned but realized leaving them here alone was probably a bad idea a little. I turned back to them, "And no fighting you two."

They both just grinned at me as Hadrian leaned back against the car. I walked over towards Dia's household up the street. It was a nice modern day Victorian house with the whole white fence and lovely rose bush garden. I opened the gate and walked over to the house. I went up to the door and hesitated since my hands were sweating and it wasn't because the New Orleans heat.

What if I over aggregated this and Nellie wasn't like me? What if Ricky gets angry to see me and tells me to go away?

I knocked on the door and I waited a moment until I heard the door unlock. A women opened the door so seemed to be in her forties but without a wrinkle in sight in her ebony color complex. She had mid length curly black hair and about my height answered the door. She was stunningly beautiful.

"Hello?" she questioned.

"Is this the home of Ricky and Nellie Dia?" I asked. 

"I'm Nellie." she said, pointing at her pink blouse. "Who are you?"

"My name is Nevaeh Brownstone. I kind of met your husband a few nights ago and well. . .He had said something that caught my attention." I said, not really thinking of what I was going to say really.

"My husband?" she questioned and I nodded. "What did he say?"

"Uh, it might be a good idea if I come inside. Not really a good idea to talk out here." I said and she stared at me before widen the door for me to step in.

When I stepped in, I didn't expect as I turned to her to have a shotgun aim at me. My eyes widens and I stepped back, holding my hands up. What the hell?

"You are you?" she asked.

"I told you." I said. "My name Nevaeh Brownstone. Please put the gun down, I'm the last person you should be aiming that at."

"Oh really?" she asked. "What's up with ya eyes huh?"

"It's not what it seems." I said.

"I'm not stupid, I know what hides in the shadows and this won't be a first your kind came for me." she said.

"Why's that?" I asked and she scoffed. "Nellie, I'm serious. My eyes were turned like this, I was attacked and this was the result. I don't know how to say this other than I know what it's like having to watch your body, soul, and blood. I'm just like you."

"Like me? You don't know one thing about me." she said.

"You don't feel human right? You know your not just mortal." I said. "Which one of your parents is it? My mother the one."

"Huh? No, get out." she said and I had a feeling she wasn't going to shot. I could probably take the gun away from her but I needed to earn her trust. "Get out!" she yelled.

"I'm telling you the truth--ahh!" I screamed when she aimed the gun up at the ceiling and I bent down since it was part of my training. I looked up and jumped up. I snatched the gun from her and she gasped as she stepped back. "Really? Are you crazy?" I asked since that just brought my anxiety up. I heard pounding coming down the steps,"I came here to talk not get shot at--whoa, stop right there." I said as I turned to face Ricky and he looked like he seen a ghost as he looked at me. I opened the shotgun and took the last bullet out before dropping the gun,"Relax, I'm not what you both think I am."