+27.+

When I had woke up from my nap, I went downstairs to find so many people were still here. Uriah and Nellie was cooking, Victurus, Rafael, and Dante were all playing card and laughing. Saya was reading. Uncle Carter was cleaning his gun. I was wondering where my mom was until I realized the porch light was on so I walked over to the door and opened it. She was sitting on the porch swing staring off across from her at nothing.

                I walked out and over next to her. I sat down and she looked at me, forcing a smile. I took her hand, "She's alright mom, and they’re not harming her or anything."

                "I don't know what I'm going to do when she decides to start training and leaves me. I'll be all alone." she said lowly.

                "No you won’t." I said. "I'm going to be here. It seems like I have another journey to go on instead of riddance the world of Demons. I can't leave you, I'll need my mom to help me take care of the baby."

                "You'll want to move out one day." she said.

                "I won't go far." I said.

                "I know." she said, forcing a smile. "I just feel like everything is falling apart. Our lives use to be so--less complicated."

                "After all this is over, it will go back to normal." I said. "And there'll be a baby in the house, you love babies."

                "I know and I am excited." she said. "Aracelia though is going to have a cow."

                "My baby, she can't do anything about that." I said. "So uh, how have you've been sleeping?"

                "Huh?" she asked but I shrugged. "Fine. Why?"

                "Oh, just asking. You look like you need some more. Everyone is doing fine, even the prefect host needs some rest." I said as I put my arm around hers and lifted her up. It was about seven thirty but she had dark circles under her eyes telling me she hasn't been sleeping and that worried me.

                I was going over towards the door when someone called me, "Nevaeh?" I heard Lori voice and I turned my head to see indeed it was Lori. My eyes widen a little and my mom nodded before taking her arm out and going inside. Lori looked the same when I left. Her red hair was long and vibrant, skin tan from her job as a lifeguard at the local swimming pool, and healthy as ever since Aracelia had given her blood. Lori was stunning, poster child for health. "Hey, I didn't know you got back from New York. How was it? See any school that caught your interest?"

                "Oh, uh, no. I just got back though." I said. "Sorry I haven't called, so much has been happening."

                Lori looked behind me, "Mom having a party?"