+14.+

+Hadrian.+

I laughed when a drunk hillbilly walked over to Nevaeh at that bar and started flirting with her. 

"Sorry I have a boyfriend." Nevaeh said and I made the white ball at the pool table knock into the red and blue ball, sending them both into the same hole.

"Pretty girl like ya self shouldn't be alone though." he said. Nevaeh started to look annoyed at his cheesy pickup lines but I had to keep my distance. The guy next to me and his four buddies were the what we were here.

"She sure is a pretty one." Roy said and I stood up. I grinned, but only two hide anger since I wanted to kill him from saying that. "You've been keeping an eye on her, Hadrian. How old do you think she is? She looks at least seventeen, bartender needs new glasses. Go save her from that redneck."

"I'm waiting for the perfect moment." I said.

"Whoa!" the guy said and I turned to see Nevaeh had thrown a drink on him.

"I said keep your hands off me you pig." she said.

"You stuck up Yankee bitch--ah man!" he cried out when she punched him in the nose when he took a step towards her.

"I have three older brothers who were all football player." Nevaeh said. "Lay your dirty hands on me again I'll just have to break them, you yellow teeth hillbilly."

Most of the people laughed when the guy turned because his buddies made him and Nevaeh looked at me. I winked at her and she smiled at her.

"Don't be shy." Roy said as he pushed me away. "Even I beat your ass, you suck at pool. You should at least win at something. Tell me how she was later."

I walked over to Nevaeh, "Hey." I said. "Are you alright? That asshole had no right touching an angel like yourself."

"Angel?" Nevaeh questioned. "And wow, what a nice accent. Girls must fall in love with that."

"It's nice to have." I said and I leaned my arm against the bar real close to her since she was leaning against it. "Your such a beautiful girl though, what are you doing at a truck stop dump like this? You deserve one of those fancy high class bar with delicious drink, not watered down beer." I said at the bar tender who gave me a 'fuck off' look. I leaned closer to her and she smiled.

"I have a boyfriend, he wouldn't like it if he knew you were this close to me. He's very protective of me and even punches a guy for just touch my arm." she said as she brought her hand up to my bicep.

"Well he has to apparently, you are a beautiful girl." I said and she blushed as she shyly looked down at her shoes. I put my hand on her waist, "What would he do if he saw me doing this?"

"He'll be bloody murder angry." she said. She than grabbed my arm and turned me around. 

"Ah! Easy." I chuckled as she held my arm behind my back and pulled it up a little painfully. "Those three brother taught you well."

She let go of me and I turned around, grinning, "You're a little showoff aren't you?" I asked and she chuckled. "That just made you even more interesting, Angel."

"Just wanted to let you know I'm not a little girl. I can kick ass." she said. "I'm only sweet for my boyfriend."

"Lucky guy." I said.

"He is." we heard someone say and both our smiles dropped. Last person I expected to see came from behind me and walked over to Nevaeh, wrapping his arm around her waist, and pulled her against him.

Nevaeh looked like she seen a ghost as she looked up at Dante. 

"Hey babe, sorry I'm late." Dante said as he leaned down and kissed her cheek. I balled my hands in a tight fist and I breathed heavily out my nose.