+31.+

+Courtney.+

I watched the flame move on the candle. It was almost fascinating watching the colors change a little, reflects, and moves that’s drawing my attention. Like a baby watching a crib mobile.

“Don’t stare too hard, my love.” Haidar said as he read from the book in his hand. “They say you can see your future, I’m sure that’s a scary thing.”

I stared at it for a few more moments before I reached my hand out towards the candle and hesitating, I pressed my thumb and index fingers against the wick, putting the flame out. I kept my finger against the wick, but my fingers didn’t feel the heat.

“Are you hungry?” he asked.

“No.” I said. I stood up from the chair and turned to him. He looked up from his book and saw my cold look. He placed the book down against his chest and shrugged. “I want you to stop torturing me.”

“Torturing you?” he questioned, chuckling.

“You’re happy this happened to me, aren’t you?” I asked as I walked over to him, glaring at him hard. “I’m a freak now. I’m going to be like this for the rest of my life and you enjoy that because you know I hate it. You like to remind me every second you can.”

He grinned, “I do like reminding you, Courtney.”

My hands balled into a tight fist.

+Nevaeh.+

“I’m fine. I’m fine!” I said when I had climbed out of the water and Hadrian was trying to help me up. I forced myself up on my jell-o feeling legs and cleared my throat, “I’m fine, thank you.”

“That was a long swim, Unccellina.” he said. “You look exhaust—“

“I’m not.” I said. I looked down at my stomach since I was in a black sports bar and patted my stomach, “He seems to want me on alert, haven’t felt tired all day.”

He stared at my chest, “Your stomach isn’t the only thing growing. Benefit of being pregnant.”

“Stop that.” I roughly whispered to him. “My uncle is over there and there are two Angels here.”

He held his hands out, “I think I should just feel them just in case—ow!” he hissed when I smacked his hand away.

“This is no time to be fondling my breast, Hadrian.” I said and he rolled his eyes.

“We’re going in.” Gavin said as he walked over with Nick and Victurus. All three of them were dripping wet but that didn’t stop them from getting ready to fit. “Like we had said, wait five minutes before coming in.”

“Goodluck.” I said.

“Be careful, the Demons here are pretty strong.” Hadrian said. “Senka just doesn’t put anyone in his court, the ones here are here for a reason.”

“They don’t scare us.” Nick said.

They went down the lake, keeping hidden from behind the rocks. Dante walked passed me, running his hand threw his hair as he walked over to Aracelia. She held out a pistol for him, but he reached down and picked up a submachine gun and put the straps around him, placing the gun behind him. He took the pistol from Aracelia and put it the pocket holder hanging from the back of his pocket.

“I die, you be sure you kill me again.” Dante said to Aracelia. She gave him a confused look and he turned his head to look at Hadrian to glance at before turning back to Aracelia, “I’m damned.”

“Well then let’s make sure you don’t die.” Aracelia said. “I’ve watched you, you’re good.”

“Oh, you’ve been watching me?” Dante said in his usual cocky way.