Part Two: Konoha

Part Two: Konoha

The Day She Lost Everything

Ling smirked, arms raising to reach for a arrow. "Is that a challenge I hear?"

Hyousuke grinned at the older female, his eyes burning with excitement. "Hell yeah."

Before Hyousuke could run off and do something drastic, Eiji appeared in front of him, holding onto the back of his shirt. Hyousuke groaned in protest, wanting to get into the action. "What gives Sensei?"

Eiji glared at their enemies, noticing they didn't looked threatened at all. "Don't go making dumb decisions on your own Hyousuke. Going into battle like that, things could get bad."

"How about you just hand over the girl– in fact, they really aren't ready for a fight. Those kids, I've been studying them throughout this whole journey, what makes you think they can take on some rogue ninjas that work for Orochimaru?" Tamoya questioned.

Kukiko glances at Eiji, noticing how stiff he became. In all honesty, their village rarely gets visits for missions. Where they come from, their town was so small and hidden well within there land.  So she was wondering if this was the first time Eiji has been in a situation like this. What should we do... what should I do? She didn't want to make any drastic attacks on her own, something bad could end up happening and she didn't want her teammates getting hurt. Should I... give myself up?

Don't do anything stupid. The voice rang in her head, pulling her out of her thoughts. Leave this to Eiji to figure out, kid.

Dāku...

Ling smirked, "Hey kid, let's make things a little easier on everyone alright. Why don't you just go ahead and come with us?"

Hyousuke gripped Kukiko tighter, "Like hell!"
He quickly pushed Kukiko back, swinging his hands in front of him as he made the necessary hand signs for a jutsu, "I'm getting tired of waiting around, let's start shall we?"

The older woman purses her lips, shooting her arm behind her for another arrow. "Heh, let's dance."

Before Eiji could stop Hyousuke, he already was being attacked by Tamoya. Tamoya slashed at him with a hidden sword under his clothing. The sensei was quick to move but not quick enough. A small gash appeared on cheek seconds later, a stream of blood running down his face slowly. "Damn it..." He glared at the enemy, "Fine, if you want a fight, you'll get it."

"I'll make it easy for you." Tamoya cooed.

"Just know there's no way I'm letting you take Kukiko."

As the two men began their battle Hyousuke shouted out his next attack, "Snow Pellet!" Having snow around them gave them the upper hand. They could use their resources to fight back. Snow formed into a bullet in the air and shot out at the enemy in high speed but Ling seemed to easily dodge everything that was thrown her way. "Damn it, stop moving!"

Maru ran to Kukikos side and shook her shoulders, "Hey snap out of it Kitsune! You need to run to the other side of the bridge and get help! You're not safe here!"

"B-but I can't just leave.. Hyou-kun and Eiji-" She jumbles her words.

The older girl rolled her eyes and gave a small smile, "They'll be alright, but you is what we're worried about. They are after you after all! Now go, me and Hyousuke can buy you time!"

She didn't fight back as Maru ran to aid Hyousuke. She watched as Maru pulled out a scroll, "Let's see how well you do with snow."

Kukiko nodded her head, seeing she wasn't needed. She quickly turned towards the bridge and shuddered. It was still a shady bridge, old and run down. It was a mile stretch five or take but it was over a raging river with high waters that was probably freezing cold. Just don't look down, she heard the voice tease.