Chapter 8

I stormed out and grabbed my baseball bat that was leaning against the wall on my way out. I kept on walking fast, angerly, and just upset. I approached the closest I could to the fence where most of the walkers were. I took the end of my baseball bat and starting hitting the walkers with it. I groaned and muttered to myself. I was actually hitting harder than I should but, I didn't care. I was actually hiting so hard I wanted to just hurt myself. I started to yell louder in pain. I was in agony inside and out. I didn't want to stop though. It is only my second day surviving in the zombie apocalypse and I already needed help...I think I might wake everybody up, but honestly...I really am just full of rage at the moment. All of a sudden I hear running and shouting from of course that familiar voice that kinda warms my heart to hear....

Carl: "Bethany!! Stop!! You're hurting yourself!!" he said running towards me. I just ignored him of course and kept on going. There was blood splattered on my shirt and pants. Ugh dangg-it...these were my favorite leggings...oh well they were going to get dirty at some point. Carl finally reached me and just starred at me. "Stop Bethany. Stop hurting yourself. Stop being like this because you are stronger than you think you are...and...you inspire me to be more like you...but not when you are like this..." he said in a serious but meaningful tone. I stopped a few moments after he said that. I looked at him a moment of two maybe...

Bethany: "Oh but I'm more hurt on the inside than you might actually think..." I tried to make a run for it but Carl grabbed me at the waist and pulled me back. "Let me go!" I yelled. He let go of me and stuck me on the "safe side" of the fence where you were inside the prison grounds.

Carl: "Listen to me. We are all broken, we all have our reasons, we all have our reasons to go on, I should know I lost my mom!" he said almost angry...Tears were welling up in my eyes but this almost made me angry too...

Bethany: "I have lost so much more! Can't you see? I have lost my mom too. But not only my mom but my boyfriend, my guyfriend, my bestfriends, valuable items that I left behind to keep not just myself alive but to keep THREE more living people alive. I do everything! You just don't understand..." I said right in his face. We were so close at this point...maybe an inch apart. We didn't say anything for a few seconds.

Carl: "You know you were going on about how amazing and wonderful your boyfriend was last night but yet he hasn't contacted you at all or hasn't made one attempt to. He seems like he really doesn't care about you at all. Now we just took you in and we are all people who care about you!" He said it but but the end it was escalating into a yell. Then he turned around and very slowly started to walk away.

Bethany: "Excuse me?!" I said with loads of attitude. "What is that supposed t mean?!" I yelled. Carl turned around to look at me almost in anger but then in confusion.

Carl: "It meanss...Your boyfriend doesn't care about you anymore so just stop talking about it and move on!!" he said with attitude and yelling back. I walked right up to him and we were an inch apart again. He turned his head around and turned my head to the side just a little bit. Then, I felt a few fingers grab my chin and before I knew we he connected his lips with mine. They stayed like that only for a few seconds and then he let go and started walking away. Then I realized...everyone was outside...watching us...and they just saw and heard that entire situation right there. I ran past Carl and inside to the C-Block cells. I rushed into mine and Maddie's cell, and started mumbling.

Bethany: *Talking to herself* "How dare he bring up Patrick like that and then kiss me?! In front of everyone too...this is just so frusterating. Patrick isn't a bad guy. I bet he is just doin the same that I am. Keeping his family alive...It's only the first day and I've already fought with the one guy who is my age and I can relate to, and yet I just have to screw things up..."

-------------------------------------

Hope you guys like this chapter! Don't forget to vote & Comment! :)

-Tay