Chapter 7

I finished my marshmallow and suddenly a great idea popped into my head.

Bethany: "Guys I got an idea! Since we all just have to let it all out we will break off a part of your stick and say someone's name who you have lost. You can do multiple names or just one if you would like. I will go first I guess..."

I took in a breath...I was going to let it all out...

I walked up to the fire and broke off a little piece.

Bethany: "This is for my best friend Meghan." I threw it in and broke off another piece. "This is for Alex he always was there for me..." I threw it in. I felt the tears welling up in my eyes and started letting it out just standing there crying trying to get the words out. "This....is...for..." finally I caught my breath again. "Patrick. My boyfriend and being there to make me laugh or just for understanding me." I broke off a big piece and threw it in. I stood there crying still "and...last but not...least...mom..." I threw the rest of my stick in the pit and sat down crying. My dad rubbed my back and tried to help me calm down.

Dad: "Oh Patrick..." he started with tears welling up in his eyes. "How do I even start with that boy. He was so amazing to have around and he was so funny."

Bethany: "Yeah he would always crack jokes."

Just the thought of me and Patrick was... What is Patrick isn't alive? What if he is? I left him back in Massachusetts. How could I be so stupid? I left my boyfriend. I left him. Alone. Left for dead. Just left. Gone. Maybe even...forever...

Those thoughts left my head quickly as I thought of good memories of him.

I smiled at them.

Bethany: "Rememeber when I tried on his thick glasses that look like nerd glases and then I ran into the picnic table? So then he ran over to me and took the glasses off me and said "This is why I love you...because you just have to think of every single possible way to get hurt don't you?"

I laughed kinda hard at the story as did the rest of the group.

Dad: "Yeah then I came outside and was all "Bethany what are you doing?" Then Patrick said "She is getting hurt in too many ways that you could possibly imagine. Then I said "That sounds legit."

Bethany: "Oh. My. God. Dad. How. Many. Times. Have. I. Told. You. Please. Don't. Speak. In. Teenage. Language."

Dad: "Seems good, Yo."

I full face planted my face.

I smacked my head with my hand in sync as I said "No."

Bethany: "No. No. No. Dad, you are just embarrassing me now."

The whole group was laughing even Carl. It is kind of weird I think talking about your boyfriend in front of another guy but maybe he doesn't mind it. i mean I don't even know he is alive and I just left. I am just feeling the regret take over my body. I kind of just felt upset now thinking about Patrick. Just then my dad saved my life right there by saying...

Dad: "why don't the kids all go to bed now?"

Bethany: "Yeah I'm tired anyways." I got up and yawned. Carl, Jack, and Maddie got up and followed me into Cell Block C. Jack got into his Cell Block and Maddie followed me into ours. Carl came in as well and had a look around. He grabbed the pictures that were sticking out of my bag and started looking through them. There were a few drawings in there as well.

Carl: "Is this you and Patrick?" he asked holding the picture up so I could see it. He handed the picture to me and I giggled.

Bethany: "This is my favorite picture of us." The picture was a selfie we took on my camera of us making silly faces and I had his glasses on. I took the picture and placed it on my nightstand. Carl looked at the drawings.

Carl: "Wow...you are really good. I draw a little myself as well."

Bethany: "Oh really?...Another hidden talent I see."

Carl: "Yeah haha. Here come back to my cell with me we can draw together."

I thought about it for a moment until I finally answered....

Bethany: "Okay..." I grabbed the picture of me and Patrick off of my nightstand. Carl grabbed some paper and a couple crappy pencils and we got to drawing. We sat at the same desk and started right away. I was going to draw the picture of me and Patrick. Maybe if I ever see him again. I can give it to him.

Carl & I probably stayed up half the night drawing and fell asleep at somepoint because I woke up early and my head was on a desk. I had a little bit of a headache and I woke up crying. Carl was still sleeping so I didn't want to wake him up. I got up from the chair and just stood there for a minute before something just snapped inside of me....I finally broke...

--------------------------------------

Hey guys! .

Sorry I haven't posted I am going to try to as best as I can! Anyways Please Vote and Comment!

-Tay