Chapter 4

Dad: "Beth wake up, wake up." he said softly.

I opened my eyes and saw my dad.

Dad: "Good morning sunshine!" The car was stopped. "Do u want your turn now?"

Bethany: "Might as well." I climbed into the driver's seat and my dad got into the passanger seat. I put my foot on the gas pedal and we were off. I saw in my mirror that Jack and Maddie had woken up. "If you guys are hungry there are some energy bars in the plasic bags or you can get one of the boxes of cereal out of my duffel bag."

Jack: "Lets save the cereal we can have the energy bars. We are going to need the energy anyways."

Bethany: "True that! Can somebody pass me one?"

Jack: "Sure" He passed one to me.

Bethany: "Thanks. Dad can u open this for me?"

Dad: "Sure honey."

Dad opened it for me and handed the bar to me. I took a big bite still having one hand on the wheel.

Bethany: "Guys we are almost over the boarder! Georgia here we come!"

Maddie: "Where are we going in Georgia exactly?"

Bethany: "We can stay in Atlanta I imagine. We should find a group of good people with supplies and shelter that is our main goal." I said focased, taking another bite of my energy bar.

Dad: "That sounds like a good plan. You are so smart Beth."

Bethany: "Thanks I try! I looked up all of this stuff before hand and I'm glad I did. I know how to keep us alive and I'm glad to have you guys."

We crossed the border to Georgia. "Now I need to find where I can get off at Atlanta."

Jack: "I think the next exit is Atlanta because I just saw a sign for it."

Bethany: "Okay." I got into the right lane and saw the sign for Atlanta exit 64 (I just made that up). I got off at the exit and once again the city looked pretty empty. We seemed to be driving in Atlanta for over two hours until we got on a dirt road. We just followed it until we reached the end of it and at the end of it there was a prison.

Bethany: "It looks like there are people here guys! This could be our new shelter! It doesn't look like the walkers are even like remotely bad here!"

Maddie: "Wooo new home!"

I drove until I reached the front gate of the prison. Somebody let our car come through so I drove slowly and carefully. I saw some people coming out to greet us maybe? Who knows there are people here and that is good enough for us.

Bethany: "You guys wait in the car I'll be right back. I am just going to speak with them to see maybe if we could live here."

I got out of the car and walked towards a man with dark brown curly hair who seemed to look like their leader. As I was approaching him there were two walkers roaming towards me. He was going to shoot them but I said "Hold on I've got this." I got out my bat and whipped them both in one swipe. I got pretty sweaty after that but I walked over to this man who looked about dad's age like his late 30's. I approached him and put my bat in my belt loop. I held my hand out to shake his hand "Hi I'm Bethany Watson I am from Massachusetts and I have my dad and my two siblings here with me and we need some shelter. We have more than enough supplies that we would be happy to share with you." I gave him a smile and he took my hand and shook it.

Rick: "Well hello Bethany. My name is Rick. Just to be safe do you mind if I ask you a couple of questions?"

Bethany: "Go right ahead."