Chapter 3 (part 2)

Jack stuffed the riffle and some amo in his bag along with the belt for dad. He put the belt on for himself and put some amo and his gun tucked in it. Maddie walks into the room.

Maddie: "I think we are all set now."

Bethany: "Alright lets move out. Grab your bags and lets go." Maddie and Jack do as their told and we sneak downstairs. I grab a few of the phone chargers and a camera. I leave a note in case somebody comes in while we are away.

"We took most of supplies and food there is a little hot water left. But be warned there in case if u were wondering we took care of two walkers in garage, one in the livingroom, two in the master bedroom which is upstairs on the left. All doors and windows are locked. Good Luck!"

I hung it with some duct tape on front door.

Bethany: "Hopefully this helps." We carefully walk around and take down a few walkers by the car. "get in the car!" I yelled. Maddie gets in the backseat and Jack gets in the passenger seat in the front. I jump in the driver's seat. I turn around and say "We are going to do this and get through this."

Jack: "Lets go get dad!" he said we a smirk. I smirked back and put the key in the ignition.

Maddie: "Wait you can't drive! You're only 14! You are breaking the law!"

Bethany: "There is no laws anymore! It is just survival! Now lets go out there and KICK SOME ASS!"

Jack & Maddie: "YEAH!!!"

I turned the key and the car turned on. I adjusted the mirrors and turned up the radio. Led Zepplin "The Immagrant Song" was blarring and we were singing along to it. Once I was all set I remember dad taught me how to back out of the driveway with mom's car. I backed up slowly and then went forward on the road with our journey to dad's work. Jack set up the GPS because I had no clue where dad's job was. I just remember dad saying it was an half an hour away from our house.

Jack finally pulled it up on the GPS and put it in front of me where I could see it but at an angle on the dashboard. I kept my eyes on the road and two hands on the steering wheel. I actually was driving pretty smoothly and there were no cars on the road.

Maddie: "Wow you are actually a pretty good driver speaking the fact that you have never had a driving lesson in your life."

Bethany: "I got my tips from dad. I have just watched him driving over the years." I was doing a little bit higher than the speedlimit but who cares about speedlimits anymore? Nobody is out here. Maybe a few cars every so often but when they go past they don't seem surprised to see a 14 year old girl behind the wheel. I turned the radio down so I could hear the GPS even through the stupid voice makes me want to throw it out of the window. I turned on my directional as I was getting off of the highway now. I took the right and I have never seen Boston so abandoned. I was thinking about something when the GPS said something that brought me back to reality.

GPS: "Take your next left and your destination should be the first one on your life."

Jack: "Oh thank god."

I pulled into the factory parking lot and parked in a random space. We all grabbed our weapons and ammo and got out of the car quietly. All three of us were in a triangle formation all back to back to make sure we did not get hurt. There were a couple walkers roaming around the factory so I took my bat and hit them both with one swing. Maddie had to shoot an arrow for the one blocking the entrance. We cautiously walked in trying to keep our formation. In the main room there were about 13 or 14 walkers. They were all workers there I felt bad for killing my dad's co-workers but it was either that or they would eat us. I'm pretty sure all three of us felt like we were the coolest kids in the world just for hitting a couple of zombies in the head with a bat and a gun. But, lets not get ahead of ourselves. We killed them all and slowly made it over to dad's office. He was the manager for the factory and I feel like he is a great leader. We approached the door slowly and I kicked the door in. Then we walked around and saw dad crouched down behind his desk.