thirteen. shattered glass

Okay, I'm sorry for not updating recently. I'm really having writer's block rn and it's not helping the fact that it's REALLY HARD to write action scenes.

I can deal with fluff/angst moments but actions scenes? Yeah, not my forte.

Anyway, I updated today bc guess what? IT'S MY BDAY YAY!! I'm officially 19 yrs old (last yr of teenhood [is this even a word??] lol).

»»————- ☆ ————-««

( thirteen. shattered glass )

»»————- ☆ ————-««

As soon as they all met in the middle, all hell broke loose.

Natasha got distracted when Tony went for Steve that she wasn't quick enough to notice Lang closing from her side. In a millisecond, Lang was gone, and she was suddenly forced backwards but still managed to land gracefully on her feet.

Lang reappeared again to his full-size. "Look, I really don't want to hurt you," he chided, sounding awfully confident of himself.

Natasha almost huffed out a laugh in disbelief, settling to flash him a wry smirk. "I wouldn't stress about it."

Without warning, she brought up her foot to strike his gut. She grabbed his arm, twisted it and attempted to lunge at him by using her signature move (what Tony had stupidly called the "leg scissoring") but Lang disappeared. He took the advantage to twist her arm outwards, flipping her over and driving her down on the ground. She let out a grunt, landing on her backside and rolling over. Even though she couldn't see him, she did feel him trying to pin her arm behind so her thumb reached out to trigger one of her electric bites. Sure enough, it jolted Lang back to his full-size.

He reappeared, crashing onto one of the trailers. Natasha quickly got up on her feet, waiting for Lang to make his move. Now that she knows how he fights, she could easily outsmart him. Lang went to lunge at her the same time she brought up her arms to block his attack, but he shrunk in size again.

This time, Natasha didn't take any chances. She timed her moves correctly, sensing the right moment to bring up her foot the second Lang reappeared again and strike him down by a kick to the chest. Lang fell back, landing hard on his butt while he huffed a groan.

An arrow whirred past her, stealing her attention away from Lang. Without even looking back, she already knew who it was. She spun around and, sure enough, was now facing Clint. Eerie silence fell upon them, and while Natasha held a stern gaze, Clint was giving her a sardonic smirk. It was enough to loosen her up, returning the same smirk.

Then she went in for an attack in response, raising her feet to land another hard kick just like she did with Lang, but Clint swiftly ducked and stepped out of the way. Natasha spun around, whipping out her batons in the process. Both circled each other, the batons loosely swerving in her grasp. She swung them down on him but he avoided it again by an inch, spinning out of the way less gracefully than the last time.

"Got to say, I'm kind of hurt, Tasha," Clint blurted out mid-way, confusing her. She cocked an eyebrow, waiting for him to continue. "How is it I'm the last one to know about you and Rogers?"

Shock briefly coursed past her, eyes widening at the statement. "I don't know what you're talking about," she deflected.

Clint brought his bow back in a long, fast stride, Natasha bent backwards to avoid taking a hit to her head. He retracted and swung his bow down at her again, but this time, she raised both of her hands to block his attack. She used the ends of her baton to curl it around his bow, turning it over to disarm him. But Clint followed her drift and grabbed her wrist, shoving her away.