four. end of the line

Sorry if it took me a little while to update. I've been so busy with school and it's driving me nuts.

Anyway, hope you enjoy this update! 

Thank you guys! Here's chapter 4! Please leave comments! I enjoy reading them :3

  »»————- ☆ ————-««

( four. end of the line )

»»————- ☆ ————-««

Tony and the others simply sat in silence right after two of their teammates went out. A sigh escaped the billionaire's lips. He knew that it wasn't going to be easy convincing their captain about the accords.

He knew that Steve had long lost his trust in the government since the incident with SHIELD, unfortunately, being HYDRA all along. Yet he needed to try getting him to understand his side. He was over the table grateful of the fact that Natasha had agreed with him this one time.

Take note that this was the first time she agreed with him. Him. Tony Stark. That thought alone made him feel a huge accomplishment.

"You know," Rhodey spoke up, cutting the inventor from his thoughts. His eyebrows knitted in confusion. "I've just noticed now that most of the time, wherever Steve seems to go, Natasha would be right after him. The same thing with him. They're like a tail of the other."

Tony, Sam, and Wanda kept quiet, trying to keep their composure straight and not give away anything. They knew it wasn't their place to give away anything about the spy and the captain. Besides, friends don't go behind their backs. That was a golden rule, right?

"Is there something going on between those two?" Rhodey asked, arching a brow. He was particularly looking at Tony.

Tony managed out a scoff, shaking his head in what he tried to put off as disbelief. "Where on earth did you get that idea?" His laugh sounded way too forced, just hoping that Rhodey would buy it.

"I'm serious!" He exclaimed, turning to the others. "Come on, don't tell me you guys haven't noticed anything?"

Sam shrugged casually, lying as smooth as he expected it to be. Being a right man of Captain America required you to be a good one when he was a goddamn terrible at it. "Nothing out of the blue."

Vision chimed in this time, for a second, they almost forgot he was there. "If I may, last night, I caught Miss Romanoff walking up to Captain Rogers's floor. It also didn't pass my attention that they have been more... closer. More comfortable with one another."

"Friends could be that way, right?" Wanda defended.

Rhodey looked at them, his face holding an emotion that's torn of wanting to believe but not wanting to at the same time. "It's true, though. They've been particularly handsy during sparring matches and training sessions. I know it's hard to believe because this is Steve and Natasha. They're completely different."

Tony couldn't help but agree with that. He, for one, had also no idea how they ended up falling for one another. But life is full of surprises, perhaps? Who knew that the world's greatest spy would end up with America's golden boy?

Talk about a mismatched couple.

Nevertheless, they make it work more than most couples out there.