eleven. petty mistakes

Sorry, it's been a while!

I've been writing NONSTOP (srsly). It's probably not the wisest decision for me to write three books at the same time but whatev YOLO WOOOO!!

And say hello to our very special guest:

PETER: HEY, GUYS!

»»————- ☆ ————-««

( eleven. petty mistakes )

»»————- ☆ ————-««

Natasha's eyes snapped open, her body jolting upwards in a sitting position. She tried to breathe through her nose while gripping the sheets tightly. Relax, Natasha. Breathe. She felt hot and trapped. Something wet and cold trickled down her forehead, and it was only then she noticed that her entire body was covered in sweat, and she was burning up. Her hair stuck out in all places.

She looked to her right to see if she had woken him up by accident, but was relieved to see she didn't. He was still sleeping soundly, his arm still draped around her torso. Carefully, she lifted his arm while she slid out of the bed. Steve shifted slightly, but he remained asleep.

A faint smile dusted her lips shortly at the sight of him. He looked better this way, only because it was the only time she saw him (somewhat) at peace. The past days really started to take a toll on him. He had always looked worn-out. His blue orbs that usually held so much purpose was slowly showing hints of doubt and weariness.

Not that she was in a better shape.

Because that weird chick had the nerve to fuck with their minds that made them even more of a mess than they already were.

She focused her gaze on the window in front of her. The moon indicated that it was still too early to be this up, but she didn't want to go back to sleep. The nightmares kept coming back. It kept haunting her. It opened up again the doors to her past that she swore she'd never go back, and it just reminded her that no matter how hard she tries-even if she spends her whole life trying to wipe out the red in her ledger-she can't. The damage has been done. She can't undo any of it.

She can't escape any of it.

Natasha didn't know she was silently crying until big, strong arms had wrapped around her and pulled her into his embrace. She instinctively pressed in, and let her body sag and muscles become loose.

"Shh. It's okay, Nat." Steve whispered. She didn't even notice him wake up; too engulfed in her own thoughts. The lump in her throat became even harder to ignore, and she fought hard to keep her tears from bursting like a dam. "You're okay. Just breathe, love."