"It's for our sake. Besides, it's an agreement between Evelyn and me, so shut your mouth," Ethan says, grabbing a morsel of grape from the coffee table in front of us and throws it at him.

"Moving on. I've heard your engagement is next week. Following your marriage, shortly after. Then we have to start from tomorrow. I have your schedules Ethan, but I'm gonna need yours too, Evelyn. Ethan would be attending a ceremony in North Hollywood, tomorrow night. You'll be attending as his plus one. Dress beautifully- actually, you don't need to. You're just like a princess, darlin'. He'll pick you up. You'll be answering reporters' questions. Taking pictures. Smiling, laughing, hugging, kissing and you know the rest. Before we move to the questions and details... Ethan, ask her," Martin points to Ethan and then to me.

I look at Ethan for a clue. He narrows his eyes at him, not sure what he meant by asking.

"Ask her what?" Ethan asks, crossing his hands over his chest. I know this move. He's putting up his shield.

"You know what? Be a gentleman for one damn once and ask her to join you," Martin booms over Ethan as if he's an older brother and is trying to teach him manners.

Ethan stares at Martin, unamused and wary. I see a flitch of his jaw. I wouldn't ask him for that much, knowing his pride and his disfavor toward me. Surely, he would've asked his lover, Lorena, without having it forced on him.

"Evelyn," he turns to me, moistening his lips, contemplating his words in his mouth. He takes my hand in his and puts his other hand on it, "Would you be my date tomorrow night?" he asks.

"Yes. Of course," I reply, smiling. I would like to have this Mr. Martin with us for the rest of our one-year marriage.

"See, that wasn't hard. Someone should teach you manners." He shakes his head. "So here's the deal. You are family friends. You were shy dating each other but secretly liked each other. You've been dating secretly, on and off for sometimes that even your parents didn't know about it. But until very recently, your love and devotion are just utterly filled in each other's presence. So you have decided to go public and in the future, you will say you have decided to tie the knots. There, romantic and beautiful. I should be an author," he laughs.

I look down at the hand, which shockingly has slipped off his mind and still resides in his warm grasp. It's truly sad how the story Martin has made is true. Well, on my part at least. Except the fact that I have never had the opportunity to date Ethan.

"What should I say about Lorena? Or Evelyn should say about Chris?" Ethan asks.

"Some temporary people in your lives." Martin shrugs.

"I'm more temporary than Lorena would be," I smirk, out of sadness.

Another silence follows. I should keep my mouth shut. Ethan lets go of my hand, which leaves me cold.

"Then the next day you'll go to a romantic date with flowers and music and dance. It would the perfect scene to woo Evelyn." Martin grins. "You'd be giving her a gift. I leave that to you, Mr. Playboy. Surely, you have some skills up your sleeves, don't you?" Martin continues teasing Ethan,

"I should f*cking fire you," Ethan snaps.

"Did I mention that under no bloody circumstances, you shall not appear with any other partner? You must know how that'll brand you and boot you out. Am I clear? I'm talking to you, Ethan. I know how you want to be with Lorena, but keep your meetings to a minimum. And make sure she keeps her mouth shut," Martin leans forward.

"I know," Ethan clenches his jaw and shoots dagger at him.

"So when would he propose?" I ask, changing the mood,