Expected Surprise

Começar do início

I nod. “Okay.”

He doesn’t even use the stairs. He throws himself over the railing. I roll my eyes and grab my own gun, heading into the next room. I open the door slowly, gun ready. Mira’s here; but her back is facing me. Piers is a couple feet away from her, but he sees me, and she doesn’t. 

“Have any girlfriends, Piers?” She snickers, knife in hand.

Piers glares at her. “No, and I’d like to keep it that way.”

“What about ex-girlfriends, Piers?”

His face twists, and he looks like he did that day when we first started training with the knifes. “Why?”

“No reason….oh Claire….” She sings out, and I get my gun ready. All of a sudden, a girl with long brown hair, almost black, comes out from the bathroom. She’s pretty; but evil. She’s got a knife in her hand, and Piers looks like he wants to hurl. “I’ll leave you two alone.”

She turns around, and I take my gun and smack her in the face. She collapses to the floor and I snarl at the girl named Claire. “Who the hell are you!?”

Piers is gripping the side of his bed, staring at her. “Claire…what…what did you do?”

“Nothing,” She shrugs, her long curly hair bouncing with her. “I just needed…a change.”

“Why?” He looks ready to cry and kill her at the same time. “Why would you do this?”

“Piers we need to go!” I scream at him, glancing to the bitchy girl. He throws a hand at me to say ‘not now’.

The girl looks to me with a disgusted look. “Whose this?”

“Your murderer,” I snap at her.

She growls at me and lunges. I dodge it. Her knife goes through the wall behind me. While she’s trying to grab that, I take my knife from my belt and slice at her arm. Piers screams behind me. “Scar, no!”

He pushes me out of the way. I feel like murdering him now. “Piers, what the fuck are you doing!?”

“Don’t hurt her, alright?” He begs, and behind him, Claire gets her knife free.

“Piers, watch out!” I yell at him, shoving him to the side. I kick the girl in the stomach; she goes flying to the other side of the room. “We need to leave, now!” Not letting him decide, I shove him out the door and down the stairs, scoping it out. The four of them have disappeared.

I take the gun out again, moving slowly, but fast at the same time. Claire is still upstairs and who knows when she’ll get up. All of a sudden, Riker comes out from the kitchen, looking panicked. “They have Ace.”

My heart drops. “No.” I push past him, running into the kitchen. The back door is open, and there’s Graham, halfway out of it, holding onto Ace. Problem is, there’s a gun that’s being held to his head.

“Don’t move,” Graham says quickly. I stop moving. Ace looks out of it completely; like he took a really bad beating. Like he was on the ground, and they were kicking him, and punching him. It makes me start shaking with rage. “Stay there and I won’t kill him.”

“Leave him alone! Please, leave him alone!” I beg, tears leaking down my face. “Take me! Take me instead, please, take me!” Please. Take me. Leave him here. I need him safe, you can’t have him. Please.

He pauses in the doorway. “I have no use for you.”

“Yes you do,” I say, tumbling over my own words. “I’m the number one hunter. Take me. I’m a better fighter, he’s not. He’s just a stupid vampire. Take me, please, take me.”

To my relief, he drops Ace to the ground. “Drop all your weapons. Now.” I take my weapons off, dropping them to the ground. But I still have some in my boots. “Come here. Slowly.”

“Scar. Scar no, stay here, dammit!” Riker roars at me from the entrance of the kitchen.

Suddenly, Graham turns the gun, pointing it to Riker. It goes off, hitting him in the arm. “Shut up.”

I jump, eyes widening. Riker hisses through the pain, staring at me with pleading eyes. But I’ve already made up my mind. I’m going with Graham to save Ace. Who knows what they’ll do to him. Graham grabs me, throwing me to his chest, cold gun to my temple. “We’re leaving. Tell Ace that if he wants her alive, he better not do anything stupid.”

And then he’s tugging me out the door.

____________________________________

HahaIgotanAonmyChemistrytesthaha

That's the first test this entire year that I've gotten an A on

How depressing