Chapter 27

Aria's POV

"Do you want a boy or a girl?" Ezra asks me.

We're on our way to the hospital. Today's the day we'll finally find out the gender of our baby and we're really excited about it.

" I don't know. I'd be really happy no matter what but I think now I want a boy."

"Me too." He replies, taking my hand in is and squeezing it, his eyes still on the road.

"And I want him to look just like you." I add.

"Well, I want him to look like you." He replies, smiling. "You're the most beautiful human being I've ever seen. Inside and out. And I want all of our children to be just like you." He says and my tears fill my eyes.

"Don't belittle yourself, Ezra. You're all of that, too and I want our children to be like you."

"Whatever you say, Aria." He says as we reach the hospital and he parks the car.

After telling the receptionist we're here we sit down, side by side, and I rest my head on Ezra's shoulder. He caresses my cheek.

"Aria Montgomery?" the nurse calls, a few minutes later.

"Here." I say, getting up. I take Ezra's hand in mine and walk to the room.

"Hello, Aria. How have you been?"

"Hi Dr. Johnson. Great, what about you?"

"Great. Hi Ezra."

"Good evening."

"So, I guess you've been feeling good, for what you told me..?"

"Yeah."

"That's great. Let's measure you, shall we?" she asks and I nod. "Everything looks good." She says after doing everything she needs. "Has the baby kicked?"

"No... not yet."

"Ok. That's normal. It should happen soon though." She says, smiling. "Shall we do the ultrasound? Hopefully, if the baby is in a good position, we'll be able to find the gender. Do you want to know?"

"Yes!" Ezra and I say, at the same time.

"Great. Lay down and lift your dress please." She says and I do as told. She applies the gel and starts moving the transducer around my belly.

"Well..." she starts, "The baby is healthy and well developed."

"Can you see if it's a boy or a girl?" I ask, anxious and excited to know it. Ezra takes my hand in his and starts rubbing it. I know he's anxious too, especially because this is the first time he goes through this.

"It looks like it's a boy. Congratulations!" she says.

I look at Ezra and his huge smile reflects my own. This is one of the happiest moments of my life and I'm so incredibly happy that he's here with me. He wipes my tears, that I hadn't even noticed were falling, and I see that tears fill his eyes too.

I clean my belly and get up as Dr. Johnson leaves to get the prints of the ultrasound. As soon as I get up I throw my arms around Ezra and hug him tightly.

"We're having a baby boy. Can you believe this?" I whisper, not trusting my voice completely.

"I know. Thank you!" he says. I kiss his lips passionately. When we break the kiss I look at him in the eyes and smile.

"Thank you." I say and hug him again.

After Dr. Johnson gives us the pictures of the baby and we make next month's appointment we go to the car. Once inside I take the pictures of the baby out of my bag and stare at them.