Chapter 3

Aria's POV

I tried to pay as much attention I could. But the only thing I could think about was how I was going to do this. Mara's voice cut me off of my thoughts, and I saw the doctor looking at me. That was when I realized that I didn't give him time to explain what happened. I gave him an apologizing look as he begun to talk.

     "You're almost 3 months pregnant."

I was still in shock with the news I just got, but I couldn't let anything bad happen to the baby. "So what do I have to do" I asked.

"Well, first of all you're spending the night here so we can make sure everything is okay. An then, once you are released, you shouldn't have any kind of stress. I know it's impossible, and that it will happen sometime, but you have to try to stay calm as much as possible. Every time you feel stressed think about the baby and how you have to keep him/her safe." I smiled at the thought of having a baby inside me, and I realized that I'll never be alone again. That whatever I do with my life, I'll always have him/her by my side.

"Okay! I'll do whatever I have to so he/she will be healthy!"

"I know you will. So, once you are released I want you to make an appointment with Dr. Laura Burke, she's one of the best OB/GYN we have. I'm sure you'll like her." Laura Burke... I feel like I've heard this name before but I don't know where...

"Sure! Anything else?"

"For now it's all. Hope you're feeling better. Have a good night. " he said smiling.

"Thank you so much. For everything" I said smiling.

He left the room, and me and Mara stayed there, in complete silence, for a couple minutes. I can help but smile. I'm so happy. But I frown as I thought about Ezra. I don't know what to do. I want to go talk to him, but sure it will be a stressful situation, and that's everything I don't need right now, but at the same time I'll never forgive myself for hiding this from him. I'm lost. I don't know what to do.

"Aria...? Aria!" Mara called me. I was pulled out of my thoughts, as I noticed a tear had escaped from my eyes. I quickly wiped it away. "Is everything okay? Do you need me to call the doctor" she asked concerned.

"No! I'm fine, I was just thinking, that's all." I tried to assure her, faking a smile.

"So how are you feeling? About all of this?" she asked excited.

" I don't know... I'm happy, I'm worried, I'm afraid something will happen to the baby, I'm lost..." by now my eyes were full of tears, so she hugged me. I couldn't make it anymore, so I started crying. My cheeks were wet and my eyes red and puffy but I didn't care anymore. I was done acting like everything is fine when IT'S NOT! My life is a mess. I am a mess. And the worst of all: it's all my fault.

I woke up next morning to Mara sleeping on the chair right beside me. I'm so lucky I found her. I don't know how I would handle this if she wasn't here with me. I stared at the walls for half an hour before she woke up.

"Hey! How are you? " she asked with a sleepy voice.

"I am a lot better. Really. Thank you for yesterday. I needed that." I smiled as I rubbed her hand.

"You're ready to go home?"

"I think so..." I said.

She started packing my things that she had got when she went to my house.

"You don't need to do that. I can do it."

"It's okay. Just go get dressed while I pack the rest of your thing"

"Thank you" I hugged her. She smiled.

I went to the bathroom and got a shower and them put my clothes on. I was finally going home. I just needed I good night of sleep in my bed. I know I just spend 2 days there, but it seemed like 2 weeks.

"Are you ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be!"

We got out of the room. I signed all the papers, made my appointment for the day after tomorrow and we headed to the car.

A/N
I know this chapter is a little small and is not that good but it will get better soon🙃
Thank you so much on 100+ I love you all💛