Chapter 6

2 months later

Aria's POV

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about Rosewood and everyone that I left there. But especially about Ezra. I don't know if it's because of the pregnancy, but these hormones aren't helping, for sure. I've been thinking about calling him. After all, he's their father and he deserves to know. But I am afraid. What if he hates me? What if he wants custody of the babies? I know I still have a few months before they are born, but I already love them with all my heart and soul. They already are the most precious "thing" in my life.

Today is Monday but I'm not working. I asked Mara for the day off because. For these last 3 months, I've been writing a book. I realized that soon I would have to sustain me and more 2 people, and I always loved writing so I gave it a chance. I'm actually proud of the book. With some luck, I can finish it today and send it to some publishing houses. I already emailed some with drafts and they seemed really receptive.  The book tells my story with Ezra, just the end is different. On my book, they have a happy ending, which I know it's not our case. So I did my best with the end. I wrote everything like I wish it would have happened, and I'm really proud of it. While I was writing it I was kinda sad. That was what should have happened. That's how everything should have happened. But destiny didn't want it like that and I had to accept it. Now I just have to write 3 or 4 chapters, but it won't be long... it's my story after all, and I know exactly how I want to write it. Then I just needed some luck for it to be approved and have good sells.

Mara and Laura are coming this afternoon and will stay for dinner.

Ezra's POV

10:38 PM

Today was a hard day. It started like every other day: with a huge hangover. Then I called Caleb to know if he knew something new about Aria but he didn't, so I just went to the liquor store to buy more alcohol, and after drinking 2 bottles of whiskey here I am laying on the couch thinking about how my life would be different if Aria was still here. I close my eyes for a while just to be surprised by my phone ringing. I look at the ID but it's private, which is odd as nobody ever calls me other than Caleb, Toby or the girls. But I decide to accept the call either way.

"Hi..?" I say after a while as the other person didn't say anything. "Is anyone there?" I ask, but nothing. I knew someone was there, but for some motive, they didn't say anything. As I was ready to hang up I heard something. It sounded like a sniffle. The person on the other side was clearly crying. But who could it be?
"Ezra..." the person whispers.
"Aria..? Aria, is that you?" I ask in disbelief, and the person just sniffles again. "Just answer me!" I shout, and the person gasps. I hear the person trying to recover the posture and calm down, taking deep breaths.
"I--I need to talk to you." She whispers, but I know it is her. I could recognize her voice anywhere. It's Aria, the love of my life.The one I've been trying to find for months and the one that I can stop thinking about.  
"Ohh, so now you want to TALK?" I shout angry. I don't even know why I did this. All I want is to have her back in my arms, but right now the anger and the alcohol took my body and I can't stop. I want her to feel bad. To feel like I felt all these months without her.    "Ezra... I--"
"Don't Ezra.. me! You have no idea what you did to me!"
"Just listen to me... please. I have something I need to tell you." She cries.
"Listen to you!? You gotta be kidding me. YOU are going to listen to ME! You have NO idea what you did to me! How could you?"
"Ezra, I--"
"Shut up!" I yell "You left without even care about what I thought. You just fell from the face of the earth and left that stupid letter behind because you're a coward and you only think about yourself!" I yelled. "Do you know what kind of person that makes you?" I can hear her sobbing but I can't stop. It's like all the anger that I have inside me is coming out. " It makes you one of the worse people I know. You're even worse than Jackie!" I scuff "At least she didn't run away. She was decent enough to tell me everything face to face.. I should have chosen her while I could. You were always this jealous stupid bitch that only cared about your stupid little problems and made everything about yourself. You don't care about anyone! I don't even know how I liked you!"