Chapter 11

Aria's POV

Today is the day. Today, after more than 4 years I'll see my friends again and even though I'm really nervous about their reaction, I'm more happy about the fact that I'll see them after all this time. Them and my parents were the people I missed the most. I had to go through so much without them, without their advice, their jokes, their smiles, their hugs. I fear their reactions, I'm not gonna lie. After all, I ran away without telling them a word for 4 years and as much as I regret that, I can't change it. Spencer always told me what was happening, how they were doing, so I kinda know how they've been. Although, she never told me what they think about me leaving and that scares me as it leaves me without any idea about their reaction.

Spencer told me she'd be here around 10:45AM while the girls should arrive around 11AM. She didn't tell them that I was here, only asked them to come and said they had to talk and that there was a surprise for them. I hope they forgive me and we can go back to be what we were before all this mess. I also hope they accept the twins, as I'd love for them to have their aunties and I'm sure they'll love to have their nieces too.

It's almost 10:45AM Spencer must be arriving. The twins are fed and dressed and are playing in the backyard. Before the girls arrive I'll ask them to go play upstairs so we can talk and after that, when and if they wanna meet them, me and Spencer will bring them downstairs. After I finish washing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen I hear a knock on the door. I open it and Spencer walks in and hugs me.

"Hey" I say hugging her back.

"Hi. How are you?"

"Really nervous..."

"Don't be.. you don't need to. It'll be ok."

"I don't know... What if they hate me? What if they don't accept Daisy and Olivia? "

"That's not gonna happen, don't worry. And I'll be by your side all the time. If something happens you have me, ok?" I nod

"Thank you. I don't know what I would do without you. You've done so much for me. I'll never be able to thank you enough, Spence." I say and hug her again.

"Where are they?"

"Oh yeah, they're playing the backyard. I'll call them and ask them to go upstairs."

"I'll do it. Stay here and relax."

I do as she told me and sit on the couch, while she goes to the backyard and I hear the twins laughing and calling her, which immediately makes me smile. Their happiness is all I want, and seeing them so happy with my mother and Spencer made me feel sure about coming back. Even though this town has lots of memories: good and bad ones and some days I barely can handle them, I know it was a good decision and I hope that time helps me and all of this gets easier. I'm not planning on leaving soon.

"Aria..?" a voice pulls me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah? Sorry. I was just thinking. What time is it?"

"They must be arriving." And with that someone knocks on the door. I look at my friend, worried, and try to stay as calm as possible. "I'll open it, and you stay here. Don't worry, Aria. I highly doubt something bad happens, but even if it does, you'll always have me." She assures me. I nod and she goes open the door. A few seconds later, I hear Hanna asking what is the surprise and why couldn't Spencer tell them over the phone, and that's enough for me to want to cry, but I don't let the tears fall. Then they walk in the living room and see me. They stop and we just look at each other.

"Aria..? Is that really you?" Alison asks. I can't talk so I just nod. Then she runs to me and hugs me like she never did before. I hug her back and we start crying. We stay like that for a while until I feel someone else hugging us. I look up to see Emily, smile at her through the tears and hug her too. After a few minutes we break the hug. Hanna is still on the same spot and I can't tell how she's feeling. She looks frozen. I look at her while wiping my tears.