34 - Dancing By Myself

Start from the beginning

Seven of the members watched as Su Ju helped D.O. on his dancing.

"Doesn't it seem like Su Ju just improves over night sometimes?" Kai asked.

"Yeah, I've noticed that too actually." Suho said.

"That's probably because he practices at night." Sehun said, coming back from his bathroom break.

"What do you mean?" Xiumin asked, continuing to read his magazine.

"He goes out on some nights. Since he has improved so much, I figured that he practices during those times."

"He goes out in the middle of the night? How come none of us hear him leave?" Baekhyun asked.

"He's just really quiet." Sehun said, shrugging. He takes a bite out of his apple.

"How do you know this?" Suho asked, taking the towel off of his face.

Sehun shrugged once more. "I guess I have really good hearing. Or you guys are getting old."

This was followed by Sehun being chased around the room by Suho.

"Like this,right?" D.O. asked.

"Mhm. Just make the transition between the foot movements a little looser and smoother." Su Ju said. His eye bags are clear and noticed by the other members.

"Are you okay, Su Ju? You look really tired." Jongdae said, rubbing his back.

"I'm fine." Su Ju smiled. He wasn't. In fact, he got less and less sleep every night.

Kai clapped his hands together. "Alright, let's go. I think we should just do some stretches instead of dancing or other exercises- we did just eat, after all."

"Oh man, we haven't done stretches in such a long time, I'm ready." Chanyeol said, rolling up his pant legs.

"Circle time!" Baekhyun chirped.

The nine boys sat in a circle and began to stretch.

"I never realized how flexible you are, Su Ju." Kyungsoo said, amazed by Su Ju's full split.

"I learned to hide in tight small spaces really quickly with my stepfather." Su Ju jokes. The other members just stared at him with faces of slight terror and confusion. Su Ju knew that tonight he was probably going to wake up in the middle of the night again.

"I'm just joking." Su Ju quickly added. "I'm going to use the bathroom, I'll be right back."

Once Su Ju's footsteps could no longer be heard in the hallways, Suho spoke.

"I'm worried for him." He said, shaking his head. "I don't like it when he makes jokes like that."

"Honestly, I'm starting to think that they aren't jokes." Kyungsoo added.

~

Su Ju took a deep breath in. He told himself that he really had to stop making such personal jokes.

"Hey Su Ju, are you okay?"

"Ah, the mysterious figure appears yet again." Su Ju muttered. The person chuckled.

"I'm fine, really." Su Ju said.

"You want a mint?" The person asked.

"Sure." Su Ju laughed. He was given a peppermint from above.

"I swear, you're going to find out who I am because of seeing all the peppermints I hold."

"I'm pretty sure I already know who you are. Besides, your voice is unlike any of the other members. I have a question though, why don't you want me to know who you are?"

"I don't know. I think that it would just feel awkward between us. Besides, it's fun being anonymous."

"But I know who you are already." Su Ju laughed.

"Shh. No you don't."

"Sure."

"Well, we should get back to stretching, c'mon."

~

That night, the EXO members created a plan to see if what Sehun said was true. They planted themselves in Sehun's room and listened for any footsteps. Jongdae took it a step further and his in the living room, right next to the door.

Sure enough, at around 2:00 a.m., Su Ju got up and followed his procedure. Jongdae was about to pass out and barely noticed the door closing. The other members hadn't heard a single thing.

Jongdae ran upstairs and told the other members quietly- after all, it was Sehun's room and he was sleeping peacefully on the bed. They all got up and were pretty loud, and resulted in an angry Sehun. They rushed out as fast as they could but Su Ju was already gone.

Sehun came down and scratched his head. "He's probably at the park around three miles from here. You know, the one with all of the swings?"

"I'm not going to ask why you know that. Let's go! I'm curious to see what he's doing." Baekhyun said. All of the members except Sehun piled into a car and followed Sehun's directions to a park.

As soon as all of the members left, Sehun walked out of the house as well. He called a car through an app, and rode bridge.

He slowly walked towards the figure, who stood there against the rail, staring at the sky.

"So you told them that I went to the park?"

"Yeah, they believed me pretty easily."

Su Ju exhaled a puff of smoke. This was his way with coping with stress.

Sehun took the cigarette out of Su Ju's mouth and threw it into the lake. Su Ju only remained quiet.

"Smoking is bad for your health."

"Come on, let's go back so that the rest of the members don't spend the entire night looking for you."