34 - Dancing By Myself

Third Person's POV

The cold air crept underneath Su Ju's blankets, waking him up. He climbed next to the window and tired out onto the city streets. Even at this ridiculous time, people still drove and dined. Humans confused Su Ju. They were such complex beings, all unique and different. If frustrated him.

Tonight was one of the nights where Su Ju would wake up in the middle of the night and just think. His thoughts would always be the same.

How is my mother? Is she okay?

What happened to me? Why do I find it so hard just to be happy?

What can I do to make EXO like me?

His thoughts often clouded his mind from thinking properly and engraved negative thoughts into his mind. And in the middle of these nights, he'd have a breakdown and just cry from everything.

Once done with the breakdown, he'd grab his motorcycle keys and the dorm keys. On some nights he's ride through the night, never stopping. Other nights end up with him at a bridge, just standing at the rail and clearing his mind to the sound of cars passing by and water.

With the motorcycle comes memories of his uncle. While he has stolen his motorcycle back, he has not stolen is dignity back.

Tonight, he rides in the dark in order to reach his real home. He rides to an abandoned but clean house in the woods. He isn't afraid of walking in the woods.

He carries nothing with him except his memories. He remembers the summers when his stepfather was kind and genuine, and when he would take Su Ju to a small summer house with his mother.

When he walks inside, the wooden boards beneath him creak, greeting him. He find the largest room by going downstairs, to the right, down the hall, and on his left. It's the old gym room, but now nothing is inside of it.

He allows his feet to find a steady rhythm, slowing down and speeding up at different times. He doesn't bother bringing music to dance to; instead, he sings. On the nights where the breakdowns are worse, he doesn't sing. He just dances.

After dancing, he makes sure to get out every bottled emotion out. He yells at nothing. He punches the walls until his knuckles bleed. And when they do, he finally feels better.

On the worst of nights, he goes for a swim in the nearby lake. It's freezing, but he doesn't mind. It numbs the pain.

He always makes sure that he's home before the members wake up. Or so he believes.

Either way, it still continues to get worse every day.
~

"I want another dog." Baekhyun said.

"Get one then." Xiumin said, reading a magazine.

"But we can't have dogs or cats in our dorm." Baekhyun whined.

"Then don't get one." Chen said, taking a sip of his water.

"But I want one!" Baekhyun said.

It was currently lunch time, and the nine EXO members were sitting in the dance practice rooms, eating their delivered lunch. They drip with sweat, a result from their dance practices.

"Why not get a different animal? Like a hamster, or a snake?" Chanyeol proposed, wiping the sweat off his forehead with a rag.

"But I want a dog!" Baekhyun said.

"Baekhyun, please be quiet. I'm trying to relax." Suho said laying down, a wet towel across his eyes.

"Mianhe."