8 | Carpool Karaoke

Start from the beginning

"Right then." I clear my throat, trying to ease the weird piece of tension between Bree and Harry. "Do you ladies want to get a hot chocolate or Coffee? Whatever it is at that place you said, Bree."

"Mama Coco's." She informs me and I nod.

"Yeah, sure." Molly smiles brightly and hugs Harry, whispering a goodbye to him. Harry stares at Bree one last time before trotting off to god knows where. Molly then grabs onto my arm and Bree's and leads us out of the school.

"Right so, do any of you have a car?" I ask them and they both shake their heads.

"I normally get a ride from Josh," Molly tells me.

"I normally walk." Bree answers.

"Okay, good." I chirp. "Luckily, I have a car."

I unlock my car and get into the driver's seat whilst Molly hops into the other front seat and Bree gets into the back middle seat. "Now, I have some ground rules when you're in this car," I announce.

Unsurely, Molly nods.

"Right so, EATING is strictly forbidden in this car. If my dad thinks I'm not looking after it, he'll literally ban me from it for a month." I tell them, sighing as I remember that one time my dad made me listen to a thirty-minute lecture on how I have to take care of the car. He spent a lot of his 'hard-working' money on it so he doesn't want it ruined. "Also, I choose the music. I don't want any rubbish music, got it?"

They both nod their heads again, almost robotically.

Sighing, I rub my forehead. "Sorry, dad's orders. He can be really strict when it comes to his 'precious' cars."

Molly shrugs. "Its okay, Josh can be the same for his car. He once had this rule that if anyone went close to his precious Caroline that they would have their heads chopped off."

Chuckling, I shake my head in amusement. What is it with boys and their cars?

Turning on the ignition, I flick through the radio station to find something good. Eventually, one station has an old Miley Cyrus song.

Behind me, Bree squeals. "Oh my gosh, I love this song. I remember dancing to it all of the time in front of the mirror."

"Yes, same!" Molly smiles. "Honestly though, I still do that."

"To be fair, don't we all do that from time to time?" I add and we all laugh, knowing its true.

"So I put my hands up, I'm playing my song and I'm doing my own good thing." We all sing as I start to reverse out. When I look forward, I see Max standing in front of a Porshe, his eyes set on my car. On me. His intense gaze is sending shivers down my spine; all it makes me want to do is continue to get lost in his beautiful eyes.

Stop!

Gulping, I try and ignore his gaze as I quickly get out of the school car park. I need to forget about him. Max is a man-whore who broke your heart. He doesn't deserve your attention.

Listening to my subconscious, I tune back into the song, humming whilst the girl's full-on sing. Unfortunately, they can't sing. They sound worse then my Nan and she's ninety.

"Guys, guys!" I shout over the music, getting their attention. "Please, maybe not sing as loud? You two sound like foghorns."

Bree and Molly share a look before bursting out in laughter. My cheeks slightly turn pink and I have to shake my head so my light brown hair will cover it up.

"Foghorns?" Bree asks through her fits of laughter. "Oh my gosh, where did you get that from?"

I roll my eyes. My mom used to tell me I sound like a fog horn when I would sing in the car or in the Kitchen with her.

"My mom."

"Wow." Molly giggles. "Your mom must really love you."

Deciding to have my own fun, I answer back in a really bad southern accent. "She sure does."

This time, we all burst out in laughter. These two girls give me loads of happiness; they make this place feel like home again. Sure, I'm going to miss my old friends but these two make me feel like I can be happy here too. Minus Max.

Max can go and screw himself. He broke my heart and abandoned me, I don't need him. Like my dad says, if a guy could even think about another woman whilst in love with you, he isn't worth your time. A true man who loves you will always be devoted to you.

"Okay, so I have no idea where we're going. Can someone give directions?" I ask once I've sobered up.

"Um...you just turned the passing for it," Bree tells me and I groan. Great.

"Is there another turning?" I ask her, hoping she says the next one is coming up soon.

"The next one is in like ten minutes," Molly says, causing me to groan again.

I really want a hot chocolate. I haven't had one in what feels like forever - saying that, I actually had one last week at Starbucks. Man, I love Starbucks.

"At least we get to chat more and listen to music." Molly shrugs just as Ignition comes on.

Smiling, I turn the volume up and let the windows drop as we all sing like maniacs. With the wind blowing our hair and the girls laughing whilst singing, I feel great. I wish everything could be just like this.

Word count: 1519

And with that, another chapter bites the dust. 

Anyways, how did you like it? Do you wanna read on? I have some really interesting stuff planned for them, hehe. Can't wait to write and share it with you. 

Next chapter: 9 | He's Max, Max The Stalker