Chapter 1

Amara Stanford entered building of her architecture department. Her eyes searched for the brown haired girl, brown eyes aka her best friend Mitsy. Mitsy as in Michelle Carter. When she started her classes in the beginning, Mitsy was the first girl she approached. By her friendly, cheerful and carefree nature, she knew they would be getting along well in the future.

"Hey.. Amara.. I am here...!!" shouted Mitsy from the crowd of the students.

"Oh.I was looking for you. Where were you?" Asked
Amara as her eyes found her.

She thought being alone in the new city would give her freedom and enjoyment in her life. She was excited when she learned she would be going to New York for her study. But after coming here she learned it's not that easy to adjust on your own.

"It's the usual.. I switched off alarm because it was disturbing me." replied Mitsy nonchalantly.
"Really? You are genius... you know people wake up when alarm rings. Not sleep after making it switched off ."

"Yeah,yeah..like you."

"Hey.. I always wake up on time." said Amara, "But sometimes it happens with me.. not every time" She added sheepishly.
"Yeah.. right. I totally understand, Amara."

Amara glanced at her wristwatch and bid her goodbye because now it was already time for her classes.
"See you at 3 Mitsy".
"Yeah.. bye Amara."

*******
Amara was not from any rich family who gives money to their children without care to live lavish life. No, She was from normal and average family and she knew value of money. Her family taught her great morals. She knew better than to waste her money on unwanted things. She lived with her roommates Kara and Nancy in normal size apartment. Sometimes she had to control her spending so she could pay for it. She worked at library also to earn money.

After her day of full of studies, she was tired and just wanted to sleep. Exiting building, she heard voice of her best friend.

"Hey, wait Amara."
Amara turned to her best friend, "Hey, how was your day?"

"Boring as usual!"
Amara chuckled at the reply of her. "Oh.. I am also tired.. let's go!"

Mitsy always drops Amara to her apartment because it was in the way of her house. After one month of starting of college and their first ever meeting, it became routine of Mitsy dropping Amara to her apartment. Of course Amara denied at first.. but she couldn't deny reasoning of her friend and at the end she surrendered to her help.

They both got into the car and soon drove off from the parking lot.
"So... are you coming to the welcome party this Friday?" Asked Mitsy as she turned her head towards Amara briefly. She then put on a radio which played some slow song in the background.

"I haven't thought about it. But I want to come... It's just.. I don't have proper dress." Said Amara pouting.

"Hey... you can borrow one of mine. I won't mind. You know what.. you should come to my home at that day for getting ready. You have never been to my house  though we became friends before one month. Also my mum wants to meet you... so what do you say?" Mitsy replies.

She was right. Because of initial adjustment and study, Amara didn't have time to go to her friend's house. She thought it would be great idea since she doesn't know anything about makeup and dress.

"Yeah.. you are right. I will come your home after college that day."

*******

After getting to her apartment, Amara took warm shower to freshen up.
She thought about this upcoming party. This idea really excited her. She was not used to this kind of party and for the first time in her life, she was going to enjoy freedom. You wanted to live life to the fullest. Now is the chance for you so take it and enjoy. She said to herself.

She prepared pasta in the kitchen for herself. Nancy and Kara were still in the class, so she enjoyed food alone and after that she decided for nap. She was exhausted by the busy day and all she wanted to do was close her eyes. Nancy would wake me up at the time of dinner. She thought.

Hence, she got into bed and closed her eyes.. Sleep came real fast.