Vacation

Two weeks later...

--------

"You sure there're no sharks at this beach?" Jestro asked Lance and Clay from behind a curtain in the swimwear shop.

"Trust me; I've been there plenty of times. You have a better chance of seeing fairies then a shark." Lance reassured from the outside of the curtain.

"It's perfectly safe, Jestro. Besides; we've been looking forward to this." He spoke to the jester before turning and whispering to Lance. "It's all he's talked about for the last few days."

Lance smiled as he held back a laugh before the two Knights heard Jestro talk.

"I think I got it on." He spoke in a bit of a shy tone of voice.

"Is it comfortable, Jestro?" Clay asked.

"...I guess." Jestro replied quietly.

"Well, come on out. Don't be shy, J-man." Lance encouraged.

The two knights heard a nervous squeak before the curtain opened. Jestro was standing in the dressing room in his jester hat, a pair of baggy blue and pink coloured swim shorts and a sleeveless black swim shirt that covered the lower half of his neck and torso. He stood there nervously as Lance put his hand up to his chin and nodded.

"The black mixes well with the bright colours." The white knight commented. "But can we see how it looks without the hat?"

Clay gave Lance a questionable look. But Jestro took off his hat anyway; showing his fluffy brown hair. Lance smiled and clapped in approval.

"Perfect." He spoke like a proud fashionista.

"Won't I get sunburned on my arms without sleeves?" Jestro questioned as he looked down.

"Don't worry, Jestro. We'll bring plenty of sunblock." Clay reassured.

Lance nodded in agreement with a smile.

"I'm finished, big brother!"

The three men heard Izzy call out from the ladies dressing rooms.

"Coming, Izzy!" Lance replied as he ran over to the entrance.

Clay and Jestro watched as Izzy came out of the ladies dressing rooms in a pink swimsuit that bared a strong resemblance to a ballerina costume. They could not hear what they were saying, but Lance was smiling in approval and getting a better look at her. Jestro smiled a bit at the sight as he held his hat in his hands.

"Her stitches are healing up nicely." Clay commented. "You probably won't even know she was in the hospital unless she told you."

"Yeah. I'm glad she's doing okay." Jestro added.

Jestro thought about everything that happened two weeks ago. He began to think of how his life was in danger because of Monstrox and how Clay, the Knights, Merlok, Robin and Ava put themselves at risk to help him. He thought of how Izzy got dragged into it and the way Lance cared for and looked after her when their parents would not. He thought of how he slaughtered Monstrox with Clays' sword when the necromancer took the form of the snake. While Jestro was quite happy for the past few days of getting ready for that vacation he and the Knights had planned before the whole nightmare problem, he still had some bad thoughts in his head concerning past events.

"Clay; I'm a little worried." Jestro said as he played with his hat.

Clay turned and blink in concern.

"What about, Jess?" He asked; calling Jestro by an affectionate nickname.

Jestro played with his hat a bit more as he struggled to answer the question.