If It Never Worked

"Moorington...."

"..."

"Moorington..."

"..."

"MOORINGTON!"

Clay jolted awake with a gasped as he heard someone yell in his ear. The knight got his breathing under control as he looked around the darkness of his living room; seeing Hamletta sleeping at the foot of the bed as his eyes adjusted to the dark. Clay looked into the right corner of his eye; thinking Jestro was asleep next to him. But something was wrong.

Clay looked down to see that Jestros' spot was empty. Maybe he got up to use the bathroom. But Clay felt the sheets of the bed to see they were cut and ripped into ribbons; making the Knights panic level elevate. As Clay tried to think of what happened, he heard a faint sound coming from down the hall. The knight got up and followed the noise.

"... Still insists... ghosts..."

Clay heard the sound of someone mumbling as he slowly approached through the hallway; hearing it getting clearer as he went down the hall.

"He thrusts his fists against the post..."

Clay saw light leaking from the gap under the bathroom door as he heard Jestros' voice mumbling something. He quietly put his hand on the door knob and slowly opened the door.

"And still insists he sees ghosts."

Clay peeked through into the bathroom to see Jestro sitting in the middle of the room; facing away from the door and rocking back and forth while mumbling the same thing over and over. Clay watched for a few moments; being unnerved and frightened as he continued to watch before having enough.

"Jestro?"

As soon as Clay opened his mouth, Jestro went silent and still. Clay felt a chill go up his spine as he heard heavy breathing.

"You can't do it."

Clay took a step back as Jestro stood up with his back turned to Clay; continuing to breath heavily with his hands out of Clays vision. But Clay felt like he was about to have a heart attack when Jestro took his hands away from his front.

"You can't protect him!"

Jestro turned to Clay with an enraged scowl and a knife in his hand. He charged at Clay with his hand up high and screamed bloody murder. Clay quickly grabbed Jestros' hand and stopped the incoming attack from the knife. But the knight struggled as he tried to push the screaming jester away. Clay panicked as he knew something was wrong. Jestros' eyes were red and yellow and his voice was becoming distorted as he screamed at Clay. The enraged jester kicked Clay to the floor. Clay tried to get away, but the last thing he saw was a knife plummeting into his chest!

------------------------

Clay sat straight up as he awoke with a terrified gasp for air. The knight breathed heavily as sunlight from the window hit him. He looked to the right of him to see that Jestro was nowhere to be found; elevating his panic level a bit before he heard a light oink coming from under the bed. Clay got out and looked under to see Hamletta under the bed; shaking and making little frightened oinks.

"Hamletta; what's the matter?" The blue knight asked the frightened pig.

Just then, Clay heard a faint sound coming from the kitchen. The knight slowly approached as he listened to the small noises; trying to figure out what they were. Clay quietly made his way into the kitchen to see Jestro sitting at the table. But Clay blinked in worried confusion when he saw sheets of paper scattered all over the kitchen. He looked at Jestro to see him with a pen in his hand; scribbling on one sheet of paper, tossing it aside and moving on to another one. But Jestro was not looking at what he was doing. He just stared at the empty space in front of him; completely distant. Clay slowly approached and carefully stepped over all the paper; putting his hand on Jestros' shoulder.