The Final Nightmare part 1

AN: Sorry if this seems late. Christmas ya know? Hope you enjoy the suspense and horror.  

---------------

Jestro grunted as he tried to pull himself out of the dried up slime that Monstrox encased him in; using his one free arm.

"Don't bother, Joke boy; that stuff is like rock now." Monstrox discouraged in a rather sadistic tone of voice.

Jestro looked up from his spot on the floor and gave the necromancer a stare of pure hatred and disgust.

"Why me? You could have anyone to haunt and pick as your soul jar! Why me?!" Jestro questioned in frustration as he continued to struggle.

Monstrox dropped the smile he had on before as he stared down at Jestro. He bent down and looked right into his eyes with an almost enraged stare. Jestro tried to stay calm as the necromancer began speaking to him.

"I know I could've picked anybody. But I only went after you because I know you, Jestro. I know everything that you were up until know. I know what keeps you up at night."

Monstrox raised his claw and smiled as he brought it up to Jestros face. Jestro tried to inch away from it as best he could, even though Monstrox was just brushing his claw against his face; not cutting or causing any harm.

"I know you're afraid of me, Jestro."

Jestro just stared with wide eyes as Monstrox stood and faced away from him.

"It's a shame though. We were a great team until you decided to betray me. We were such great pals before then." Monstrox began to reminisce.

Jestro just gave Monstrox an angered and disbelieving look.

"We were never really friends!" He cried out in an angered yell. "You kept lying to me and made me think you were training me to be powerful! Instead, you used me just so you could get what you wanted! When you got it, you were going to use me and my body as your vessel! You threw me to the ditch and you were going to use Clay! If you ever thought we were friends, then you thought wrong. Friends would never do that to each other and friends don't lie!"

Monstrox just looked at Jestro with a disgruntled look and a raised brow.

"You say that like you did nothing wrong." Monstrox said as he circled around Jestro. "You didn't really argue when I made you the offer to be bad like me."

"I know I did! But there's a difference between you and me!" Jestro began to argue with the necromancer as he pointed at him with his free hand. "I want to change and make amends with my mistakes. I want people to know that I'm sorry, even if they don't forgive me. And most of all, I want absolutely nothing to do with you!"

Monstrox just shrugged before bringing out his non-clawed hand from under his robe and bent down towards Jestros' face. Jestro watched in disgust as black goop appeared and dripped from his hand.

"Too bad." He said as he smiled and held his hand out. "Even if people forgive you, no one is coming to save you from me."

Jestro gave Monstrox a sly grin before he began to laugh quietly. The necromancer raised a brow in suspicion.

"What's so funny?" He asked like he did not understand a joke.

"You do realise that the Knights fell into the portal with us, right?" Jestro asked as his face quickly went back to being serious. "They're around here somewhere. And if I haven't beaten you to bits first, then they will. They'll make you wish you stayed dead, Monstrox. They're going to kick your a-"