Quakes

AN: This chapter is a bit short compared to the others. But please comment.

-------------------

"Clay, that's terrible!"

Clay sat in one of the chairs around the table of the Fortrex with Hamletta sitting next to him. He just told Merlok about what about to Jestro and where he was right now. Clay looked up at the worried expression on the holographic wizards face.

"I really don't know what happened. He just started shaking and foaming at the mouth. He was fine when we got to the hospital, but the doctor thinks he might have had an epileptic attack or some kind of stroke. Now they're keeping him in overnight to run tests." Clay recalled with pure fear and worry in his voice. "This is just awful."

Merlok looked down at the boy as he buried his face in his hands. Clay was trying to be brave in front of Jestro at the hospital. But out of Jestros' sight, he turned into a fearful and worried mess.

"We can only hope for the best, Clay. Lance and Izzy are with him, so he won't be alone tonight." Merlok tried to reassure him.

Clay slowly took his hands away from his face as he looked up at Merlok. Clay felt like there was a massive weight on his shoulders that he needed to get rid of. He needed to tell Merlok about what happened before going to the hospital.

"Merlok. There's more to this then what I just said." Clay said as he patted Hamletta.

Merlok stared with concerned interest as Clay continued to explain.

"I had a dream last night. About Jestro. He was in the bathroom talking to himself. I went to check on him, but he had a knife and he tried to attack me."

Merlok went wide eyed when he heard that Jestro tried to attack Clay in his dream. But Clay continued to explain.

"But he wasn't himself. His voice with all deep and raspy and his eyes were not green like normal. They were red and yellow."

Merlok raised a brow as he processed what Clay explained to him.

"Clay. That sounds more like a nightmare then a dream." The digital wizard replied suspiciously. "You've been wearing the charm, haven't you?"

Clay looked at Merlok for a few seconds before turning away with a guilty frown.

"Jestro thought Monstrox was the one who attacked Izzy and put her in the hospital." He spoke in an almost unemotional tone. "I tried to reassure him. But I was starting to suspect something. So I gave Lance my charm so he could give it to Izzy." Clay explained before turning back to face Merlok.

"Clay; you've put yourself in danger because of this!" Merlok spoke with fearful concern.

"But it's not me he wants, it's Jestro!" Clay replied back with a sharp shout before quieting down. "Now Jestro is alone in the hospital where he's a sitting duck. I can't help but feel like it's my fault."

Clay ran his hands through his hair as Merlok and Hamletta watched with deep concern. Merlok watched he could put his hand on the Knights shoulder to comfort and reassure him. But he could stand there and speak his mind.

"Clay, this is not your fault. I don't know why this is happening to Jestro after we saved him, but we must not lose our heads over it. Jestro is safe as long as he has the charm on him." Merlok explained in a stern voice. "But you will have to be careful. Monstrox may not be after you. But there is the possibility that he will use you to get to Jestro."

Clay looked down at the floor as paranoia filed his head. He started to think that Monstrox might be planning something. But he did not know what.

"You should probably go home. But try not to sleep too much." Merlok warned.