Engineer x Reader

((A/N: this idea came to me when I wanted to play tf2 but wanted to eat, so I went to 2fort and played Engie and just camped at the intelligence room while eating potato chips XD.....that game actually went on for a while :/ ))

You were new to the (RED/BLU) team at the base in 2fort. You've been there for a week, but you've never been in a battle before. You all got ready in the spawn room. It was finally time to take the enemy team's intelligence. Everybody ran to do their own thing. Sniper went to shoot the enemies outside of the enemy base. Heavy went outside with Medic following him. Soldier rocket jumped to the enemy base. Scout jumped onto the bridge and ran. You didn't know what Pyro and Demoman were doing. And then you just saw Spy turn invisible, assuming he was off to sneak into the enemies base. You had no idea what you were going to do. You were new at being a (class name), so you didn't know what to do. You saw Engineer head to the intelligence room carrying a toolbox. You decided to follow him. 

"Hey Engie" You called out to him.

"Oh hey (Y/N)." He smiled. "What are you doing here? You're a (class name), shouldn't you be out there doing something with the rest of the team?"

"What about you? Aren't there better places to put your sentry?" You asked, avoiding the question he asked you. 

"Well, the intelligence has to be protected. If one of those (enemy RED/BLU)s come to get it, they will be destroyed by my sentry before they can even think about escaping..." He paused "..And I'm feeling lazy, no one will bother me in here."

You giggled "I understand. To be honest, I don't know what to do, so I'm just going to protect the intelligence instead of facing many enemies at once."

"That's understandable, but if you don't practice, you won't get any better." At this point, you were at the room and he started to build his sentry and dispenser.

"I know" You replied "But today will just be a lazy day. I will try next time."

"Good." He replied and worked more and more on his sentry and dispenser. 

Eventually, he upgraded all of his buildings to their full potential. He pulled out one of those fold-able campground chairs ((A/N: idk what they're called lol, but you get it (I hope)). He pulled out another chair and invited you to sit on it. He pulls out a pack of beer bottles.

"You want one?" He asks.

"No thanks, I don't drink." You told him.

"More for me then." He says then starts drinking one.

You spend a while just talking and enjoying each other's company.

"(Y/N), I have a question for you." Engineer asks.

"Hold on." You start getting a weird feeling. "It feels like we're being watched." You both look around, but see nothing. 

Suddenly, the sentry breaks.

"Sentry down!" Engie yells and heads over to his broken sentry.

"Dispenser down!" He yells as the dispenser breaks.

You look around and swing your melee weapon at the air. You hear screaming as the enemy Spy appears. Your instincts were right.

"How did you see me? You got blood on my suit!" He said.

Before you could hit him again, he runs out of the room. You chased him and hit him again, causing him to fall, his body now lifeless and bloody.

You walk back into the intelligence room. Engineer started to rebuild his sentry and dispenser.

"That was a close one. Thank you for getting him and saving me." He says gratefully. "Anyways, I had a question to ask you."

"Sure." You say with a smile.

He blushes "Would you like to go out with me?" 

"Sure." You blush and smile at him, which causes him to blush more.

Suddenly, Scout comes into the room with the enemy intelligence.

"Ooooh, Engineer and (class name) sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" He laughs.

"Shut up and put the damn intelligence on the table." You never saw Engie get this mad before, he must be shy about this. You just giggle.

"That actually hasn't happened yet." You told Scout.

"Well, Engie, why don't ya stop bein' shy and kiss her already." He laughs.

Engie just points his gun at him "Get out." Scout smirks and runs out of the room.

"He's right, y'know." You giggle and smile at him.

He looks at you and blushes. He takes off his goggles and looks into your eyes. He had beautiful greyish blue eyes. He gets closer and closes the distance between you, putting your lips together. 

You hear laughing. You both quickly pull away and look at your team's Spy.

"Goddammit! Can't we just have some privacy for once!" Engie was getting mad again. It was kinda cute, especially with his Texan accent.

Spy just laughs "Oh I see how it is," He smirks "You want alone time with her so you can do the dirty, I'll leave you two to it."

"That's not what we were going to do!" You both yell as you both blush.

Spy just laughs and leaves.

You just stare at each other.

"We don't have to do that now if you don't want to." He assures you.

((A/N: I MIGHT do a lemon continuation of this oneshot in another chapter. Just let me know if you want it ;) ))