Chapter 9

"And there's no chance of going with your plan anymore? Which obviously sounds like the best." Giano said as if it were an obvious fact.

"Not without permission, I can't." I replied somberly.

Giano looked into my eyes for several moments with a very serious expression; I maintained eye contact, but he continued to look at me I grew nervous. I couldn't help but wonder what he was thinking.

Finally Giano said, "Do your plan anyway."

_____

My mouth fell open, but Giano continued looking at me with severe, determined passion.

"I -- what?" I asked in total disbelief, frowning at him and scooching an inch away from him on the seat.

"Go with your plan anyway. You and I are apparently the only ones who truly know what is right for this base. You're pretty much at the top of this government anyways, you could get away with it. Do it before they go through with attack!" Giano exclaimed, quickly sputtering his reasons to me.

I was entirely taken aback. "I'm sorry, you're asking me to send a submission to Aero anyways and expect the First Order to go along with it? And more importantly, you expect me to not only undermine my husband and his rule, but go against the entire government that I work for?" I scoffed, "You're not in the right place of mind."

"So you're just going to let you and your husband and everyone in the First Order go out, fight, and die?" Giano questioned rhetorically with a raised eyebrow.

I halted my response.

He has a fair point, I thought worriedly, If I were to go through with my plan quickly then the First Order would have to adjust to whatever happens. They would have to follow my plan because I'm sure everyone would rather eventually attack then go along with the submission, if I send one.

Giano interrupted my thoughts. He knew I was on the fence about it.

"You can save the lives of everyone on this base, Nira. Just go through with it." He quietly uttered. I grit my teeth.

"There would be repercussions . . ." I thought aloud, "I could . . . Potentially lose Kylo as a husband. But if we go into battle, I'll probably lose him anyways!"

I groaned and leaned back against the wall, letting my head tip upwards towards the ceiling and my eyes slide shut.

"I can't believe I'm even thinking about going against Kylo." I moaned. I was completely torn.

I could stick with the elected council plan and most likely perish in battle beside Kylo, I thought pessimistically, Or I could just jump the gun and follow through with my plan and potentially save us.

I leaned forward again and looked at Giano.

"I think you're right," I began, "I think I know what I have to do."

A slow grin grew on Giano's face as he realized that I had given into his idea -- I would go through with my plan.

I felt bold because I knew what I was doing was the right thing. I was determined, and I was brave.

But on the other hand I was terrified. I mean, anything was better than going straight into a losing battle, but if something backfired in this, I had no clue what would happen to me.

And I can only begin to imagine the fit of rage this will send Kylo spiraling into -- if I really do go send the Legion of Chrome a submission message, I thought nervously.

"We've got to act quickly. We can't get caught." I quickly commanded, standing up. My mind began whirring like a machine, going over what I would have to do in order to potentially save the First Order.