after the play

pairing: vkook|taekook like always idk why i include this
summary: Jeongguk doesn't know that forgetting his plan with Taehyung will get him into a problem.
by: tigertokki on ao3, https://archiveofourown.org/works/13254243

_______________

Jeongguk doesn't know that just because he forgot about his plan for Taehyung's birthday, he would get ignored by Taehyung a whole day the next day. He didn't get his morning kiss this morning and Taehyung keeps scoffing at him about how he'd forgot his birthday and how he'd made him wait yesterday. Taehyung also didn't say anything about his hwarang hyungs who will come to their waiting room to bring the strawberry ice cream cake for Taehyung's birthday.

Jeongguk sighs as he watches Taehyung laugh with the other hyungs.

Jimin who notices their problem approaches Jeongguk and slings his arm around the younger's shoulder. "Still haven't made up yet, huh?" He asks.

Jeongguk answers with a nod, "What should I do? He's really mad at me."

"Try to talk about it with him again. I'm sure he'll listen now." Jimin ruffles Jeongguk's hair as he smiles at him fondly. "Good luck, Jeonggukie," he leaves Jeongguk after that.

▲ ▲ ▲

Jeongguk is standing in front of their waiting room, waiting for Taehyung to come back from seeing his hwarang hyungs off. He straightens his back when he sees Taehyung approaching him from afar.

"Hyung," he calls him as he grabs Taehyung's hand, "let's talk."

Taehyung stares at Jeongguk's hand and pushes it away. "We don't have anything to talk about."

Jeongguk doesn't give up and takes each of Taehyung's hands in his. "I'm sorry, hyung. I'm so sorry. I really didn't mean to forget about our plans," he apologizes once more "please, forgive me?"

Taehyung looks away from Jeongguk, "what if I don't want to?"

Jeongguk sighs, "Please. I will do anything to make you forgive me."

Jeongguk feels like he succeeds in persuading Taehyung when he sees him shifting his head to look at him. "Anything?" He asks.

"Anything," Jeongguk repeats. And then he sees Taehyung's smirk appearing on his face. Jeongguk gulps down nervously. He knows Taehyung has something in mind. He doesn't know what it is exactly, but the thought of it makes him nervous.

"Fine, then. I'll see what I can do," Taehyung runs his hand up Jeongguk's neck and brushes his hand against Jeongguk's skin. "I'll tell you later," he then walks back into their waiting room, leaving Jeongguk whose heart is racing just by anticipating what Taehyung will do.

▲ ▲ ▲

The crowds really loud when they walk to the middle of the stage, getting ready for the opening New Year's event. There are so many fans that coming to watch them. Jeongguk puts his best smile and waving his hand towards the fans who cheer for them so loud. He walks behind Taehyung and other's member and halts when the other did.

The MCs starts talking and the confetti begins to fall from the ceiling. He's standing behind Taehyung when suddenly, the elder reaches into his pocket and hands something out to Jeongguk. Jeongguk looks around him, making sure no one else sees them and takes a step forward. It's a red box. Jeongguk furrows his forehead in confusion before leaning into Taehyung. "What's this, hyung?" He whispers.

Taehyung tilts his head a little and smiles thinly. "Open it when you go to the restroom," he answers.

Jeongguk still doesn't understand but he puts the box in his pocket anyway. He promised to do anything for Taehyung and he won't break his promise twice.