mad as the hatter

pairing: vkook|taekook
summary: Taehyung is a psychiatrist and Jungkook his patient.
by: exolexact on ao3, https://archiveofourown.org/works/9369461/chapters/21523034#chapter_6_endnotes

—————————————

Name: Jeon Jungkook

Age: 20

DOB: 1 September 1997

Blood type: A

Height: 177  cm

Weight: 59 kg

Physical examination: Irritable, anxious, giddy, Bi-polar

Observation: Patient has shown no interest or has not spoken much. Giving only curt answers. Burts into hysterical laughter at odd intervals. Likes to stare at random parts of the room. Agression makes itself known. Has the habit of muttering to himself. Is diagnosed as being bi-polar and has been restricted to a straight jacket.

Assessment: ?

I tapped my pen against the clipboard, thinking. 'What category would this fall under?' I thought to myself. I was broken out of my thoughts by the sound of hysterical laughter. I looked at the man sitting before me. Mirth danced within those dark eyes. His head was thrown back, his body shaking. I silently observed him. His laughter abruptly stopped, switching his attention to me. His face was plain, almost bored. Emptiness present in his eyes.

I looked at his features. He had raven hair, his fringe hanging in his eyes. He had a fair face filled with youth. I wouldn't deny that the man was attractive which brought me to one crucial question What was a young man doing here?. He looks ordinary and normal. Apart from the cackles earlier. I don't know much background information other than the basics. I have not been informed. All I know is that he's been a patient now for 4 years. Not improving at all during the years.

He was labeled as the 'hopeless case'.

All the previous psychiatrist's have given up or have been scared out of their wits. There have been incidents where he has attacked the psychiatrist, resulting to the straight jacket. I decided to attempt to aid him. Since I'm new, I was given the task without a question. Though I have been warned that I would be wasting my time. The silence was shattered by his voice. "Where is the other psychiatrist? he asked innocently. I was surprised that he initiated the conversation. I cleared my throat, trying not to get distracted by his voice. "I will be your new psychiatrist from now on?" I replied smoothly. "Aww I will miss Chimchim" he sing songed. "I played with him and now he left me" he pouted.

Jimin, his previous psychiatrist had demanded to be switched to a new patient because Jungkook had physically attacked him. I mentally winced remembering the dark bruise around his neck, in the shape of hands. His hands. "You'll soon leave me as well. Everyone does" he said. I was about to assure that that I will not be leaving him when his next few words shook me to the bone.

"I will make you scream, begging me to stop" he added.

A smirk filled with vindictive intent broke on his face. To me, it almost sounded suggestive. I tensed prepared for his attack only remembering that he was restricted by the jacket. I was confused by the meaning of his words. I had no time to ponder on the thought when he spoke again. "You're cute" he grinned. I froze, what did he just say? Did he just call me cute? I felt my cheeks flush which seemed to amuse him. "I wonder how you would sound when I make you scream" he smirked, slyly.