22

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! I have returned this Valentine's Day with the fluffiest (if not slightly suggestive :/) chapter I've ever written 😘😄 my gift to all my readers!  Also we've nearly hit 50,000 readers 😲 how did that happen!  A HUGE thank you for reading and enjoying my story - this is for you!

-----

Returning back to the Bangtan base was tiring.  Ally felt very drained both physically and emotionally.  She could only just focus, her adrenaline high had faded away, the buzzing in her head was gone and she no longer felt like she was like a toddler having eat too much sugar when their parents weren't looking. Her head was leant against the window lightly jolting every now and again as the uneven terrain of the road jostled the car ever so slightly making the occupants of the car shift up and down and side to side.  Her eyes slightly wincing everytime the side of her head made contact with the cool glass that she rested against.  

Hoseok still hadn't let go of her hand.

His grip was tight, but not tight enough to leave any marks or bruises.  His thumb rubbing small circles on the back of her hand, her other hand was clenched tightly in her lap.  Her eyes began to droop and her head nodded gently the more sleep tried to pull her in to the darkness.  She lurched her eyes open as she forced herself not to succumb to the pull of sleep that called to her like a siren called to a sailor.  

Hoseok calmly watched her out of the corner of his eye.  He observed her as she fought sleep time and time again, he was almost tempted to cradle her to his chest like a child and allow her a few moments of peace.  Something she had very little of since she was taken from the club the night she sealed her fate as the newest member of Bangtan whether she wanted it or not.  Hoseok felt sorry for her, she was only young, not much younger than himself and she had led what must have been a wonderful life before crap hit the fan.  Unlike her Hoseok didn't have a choice, his circumstances that led him to Namjoon and Bangtan were the nails in his coffin.  If he didn't join Bangtan, his life might have been much worse.  Abandonded at a young age, Hoseok strived to work as hard as he could so that he could live.  Namjoon saved him and he owed a lot to the leader of their gang.  But he wished things might have been different for Ally.  Although he admired her for being able to stay strong, he pitied her and felt sorry for her.  He didn't expect to fall for her, but she pulled him in and he wasn't going to fight it anymore.  He gained a soft spot for her the day he helped save her in that small shop and he couldn't deny it when he was glad he kissed her that day in the training room.  The feeling to keep her safe, to watch over her and never let her get hurt again, he didn't know where these protective feelings came from but he was secretly glad they were there.

The familiar house pulled into view as Ally finally mustered the strenght to pull her face away from the window, her cheek had slightly turned a pale pink colour from the prolonged contact to the cool glass, a small smug could also be seen on the window.  Ally rubbed her eyes and gave her head a good shake as she allowed herself to be led out of the car and back towards the house.  Hoseok finally letting go of her hand as she folded her arms and tucked in her hands for warmth, a small shiver vibrating her small body as she followed the boys willingly back into the house.  

Almost rebotically Ally followed Hoseok to his room.  She didn't know what compelled her to trail him like a little puppy.  She blamed it on the tiredness, just putting one foot in front of the other.  She had past her own bedroom door several paces ago and have every chance to go into her own room or turn around whenever she wanted but she threw all caution to the wind and continued walking.

Being the gentleman he is Hoseok allowed her to go into his room first.  It was a basic room, much like her own.  Very minimal, only a small number of possessions and quite dim, low lighting which almost made it near impossible to see but Ally's eyes adjusted quickly.  The door behind her closed with a soft click.