Chapter 1

Chapter 1 ~

 It was an hour before the lunch break and Eun Nee was preparing for customers to arrive since it's the busiest time of the day.

 Hyun Woo, a fellow waiter, and Eun Nee's only friend was cleaning the counter. Hyun Woo looks back to talk to Eun Nee, "Eu- what are you doing?!" He exclaims in shock. Eun Nee looks down and sees how the drink that she was pouring was now all over the counter making a big mess. Eun Nee covers her mouth with her hands, as she gasps. She starts saying sorry again and again and starts cleaning the counter frantically.

In her rush, she knocks over a plate. Before it could touch the ground, Hyun Woo immediately comes to her rescue as always and catches the plate. They both release a sigh of relief. "Thank you, Hyun Woo-ah if you didn't catch the plate, I would've been a dead meat by now."

 Hyun Woo brushes his shoulder acting proud but as soon as the realization hits him, he starts glaring at her. "You've started zoning out again, haven't you?", Eun Nee rubs the back of her neck, sheepishly smiling and mumbles a slight 'sorry'. Hyun Woo takes the cleaning rag from her and starts cleaning the counter.

 "How many times have I told you to talk to me when you're stressed?", Hyun Woo says. 

 "How did you know I'm stressed?", Eun Nee asks looking confused even though she knew the answer. Hyun Woo sighs, puts the rag away as he's finished cleaning and flicks her forehead. 

 "Ow! What was that for?", Eun Nee asks while rubbing her forehead.

 "I've known you for practically your whole life, stupid. Your left eye always twitches when you're stressed and you also keep zoning out." Hyun woo says.

 "Oh..." Eun Nee says and looks down smiling a little but that smile quickly turns to a sad frown when Hyun woo asks, "Care to tell me what's going on now?"  Eun Nee sighs. 

It hurts Hyun Woo's heart to see her childhood best friend sad, he knows what she went through and it kills him that he couldn't do anything to help her because he moved to Seoul when he was 7. At that time, he didn't know that Eun Nee's father is abusive because her mother strictly told her not to tell anyone.
Eun Nee got lonelier when Hyun Woo left and she cried herself to sleep every night for the next whole week.  Her father beat her for that too because she was being too 'noisy'.   

When Eun Nee turned 15, she couldn't bear it anymore and she wanted to share it with someone, she needed to share it with someone that's how she told Hyun Woo everything. Hyun Woo got so mad that he asked his parents to go back to Namwon, their hometown which was a really small town.

They couldn't stay for long there because of their jobs and Hyun Woo's school back at Seoul so they went back to the city after a week, but during their stay in Namwon, Eun Nee stayed with them. 

Hyun Woo's parents wanted to take Eun Nee with them back to Seoul. She was like a daughter to them and they couldn't see her in so much pain but her father didn't agree, as expected. So Hyun Woo's parents tried to make Eun Nee's father understand that what he was doing was wrong, that he shouldn't hurt his own family, and when he didn't listen they warned him that if he abused them ever again, they will call the police and get him arrested.

Eun Nee's father put on a nice act and promised that he won't do it again but being a lying bastard that he is, he started doing it all again after Hyun Woo's family left. He threatened them that if they tell anyone about it, he'll kill them. Eun Nee was scared and never told Hyun Woo anything, but when she turned 18 she knew she had to get out of there.

She told Hyun Woo everything again. She explained how she wasn't allowed to tell him and his parents anything ever again.

Hyun Woo came back to Namwon to take her with him. Eun Nee's father tried to be a hassle again but he couldn't really do anything as Hyun Woo called the police and reported him. He was sent to jail for one and a half year.