Picky Business Man

Start from the beginning

    "Uh, water's fine. Thank you," Niall managed to spit out, still ogling the boy in front of him. The boy nodded and kept moving, asking the person behind him the same thing. With a sigh, Niall slouched in his seat, his face red. That had been his chance to strike up a conversation with the cute boy, and he ruined it. He would just have to wait until the boy came back to have it. 

~~

    The boy didn't come back. Instead, it was another boy with brown eyes and hair in a quiff as well. He wasn't nearly as cute, but he wasn't bad looking either. "Here you are, mate," the boy smiled, handing Niall a water bottle from the cart he was pushing. Niall gave a small smile as he reached out and took it, dropping it into his cup holder. "So what brings you here?" 

    "Work," Niall answered, leaning back in his chair. "I have to go and visit a new music group called Little Mix to see if they'd like a contract with us." The boy in the uniform nodded, a smile on his face. 

    "Sounds interesting. What if they don't want your contract?" He asked, running a hand through his hair. Niall shrugged, his eyes wondering around the plane to see if the other flight attendant was anywhere to be seen. 

    "We haven't exactly had that happen, so I'm not sure." The boy kept talking, but Niall stopped listening as he spotted the raven haired lad standing with another flight attendant, laughing at something the blue eyed boy said. He looked even more hot when he laughed, his head thrown back and eyes lit up. Niall longed to be the one making him laugh. 

     "And you're not listening," the flight attendant standing beside Niall chuckled, bringing Niall back to what was going on. A blush painted Niall's cheeks as he muttered out an apology. "Nah, don't apologize. I can see you checking out Zayn over there. He's a good kid, personality and looks." So Zayn was his name. To Niall, he thought it was the best name in the world. Zayn was practically an angel, of course his name was going to be just as beautiful. 

    Zayn's eyes scanned over the passengers on the plane, skimming right over Niall. "He's hot," Niall breathed, his eyes lingering on Zayn before coming back to the boy in front of him. The boy nodded in agreement, both of them looking over at the tattooed boy. 

    "You should say hi to him, I think he'd like that," the boy suggested, wheeling his cart down the aisle to the other passengers to give them their waters and other drinks that were being served on the plane. With a sigh, Niall tore his eyes away from Zayn and leaned back in his chair. It was going to be a long ride. 

~~ 

    It was hours later that the plane landed, and Niall still hadn't managed to muster up courage to say hi to Zayn. So with a sigh, Niall stood up, stretching out his sore back. He had fallen asleep for most of the trip, but outside the windows, the sky was light, and Niall predicted that it was some time around one o'clock California time. However, by checking his phone, he was surprised to see that it was only eleven. 

    With a shake of his head, Niall made his way to the door of the plane, a yawn escaping his lips. Without warning, Niall was knocked off his feet by a bigger force, landing hard on his bottom on the floor. "Shoot! I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there!" Looking up, Niall saw that it was none other than Zayn standing there, a worried expression on his face. "Here, let me help you." Niall allowed the taller boy to help him to his feet, his heart hammering frantically in his chest. 

    "I-It's okay," Niall stuttered, regaining his composure. "I'm fine. Thanks." A smile spread across Niall's face just standing this close to Zayn, being able to see the tattoos inked onto Zayn's arm. 

    "I'm so sorry. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going," Zayn apologized again, his face getting red. Niall just laughed a little and shook his head.