Chapter 5

It was lunch time, so I wandered a little before bumping into someone.

"Well hello there, darlin'." Jon spoke. "Wanna come sit with me and my boys? You can meet them."

"I've already met them. And I don't feel like sitting with anyone." I mumbled. I walked passed him and ran into yet another person. I look up to see Joe.

"Hey there, little lady. Why'd you rush out of class so fast? I was trying to see if you wanted to hang out. Just us?"

"Uhhm... I don't know.."

"What's wrong? You were happy just a little bit ago." he whispered. I sighed and looked down.

"I don't wanna sit with anyone right now. I just wanna be alone.." I said, walking passed him. I grabbed my headphones from my jacket pocket and put them in, turning on music and turning it up. I walked and walked, not knowing where I was going. Once I got a ways away, I turned around and leaned against the wall. Immediately, I felt lips against mine. I opened my eyes to see Joe kissing me. I pulled my headphones out and pushed him off. He looked at me, taking a deep breath. I just stared at him, not saying anything. He leaned in slowly, and I met him halfway. We connected our lips again, slowly moving them in sync. He held my hands gently against the wall to the sides of my head. He licked my bottom lip, asking for entrance. So I allowed it and I felt his tongue explore my mouth as I did the same. He then slid my hands above my head, holding them with one hand while the other held my waist. He pressed himself against me, pulling me into him. He slid his hand into the rim of my shirt, holding my bare side.

"Yo, Joe! Wha-.. Holy shit!"

Joe jerked away from me, spinning around to see Colby standing there, staring wide-eyed at us. I quickly ran up the rest of the stairs and took off down the hall. Tears threatened to spill as I felt so embarrassed.

(Joe Pov)

"What the hell was that dude?!?! You know Jon's got a thing for her. It's obvious. Now you're here, secretly making out with her?!? Who knows how far that would've gone if I didn't show up."

"Fuck off dude. Jon's being an ass to her, she needs someone who will actually be kind to her."

"But she's on Jon's radar. If he finds out, he-"

"How would he? If you keep your mouth shut, he won't know."

"But he should know that his best friend is stabbing him in the back. I'm gonna tell him and you can't stop me." he said, walking away. I grabbed his shoulder and spun him around. I slammed him against the wall and held him there by the collar of his shirt.

"I swear to god, if you say a word, I'll fu-"

"Woah, what's going on here?" I heard. I looked over my shoulder to see Jon standing there. I let go of Colby's shirt and dusted it off before turning to face Jon.

"Nothing. Right, Colby?" I said, glaring at him. He nodded silently. Jon shrugged and started walking away. I gave Colby one last look before following behind Jon. I really should go find Jazmine, but I feel like she needs to be alone right now. Let her calm down and have a break.

"What's got you so ruffled up, Joe?" Jon asked. I snapped out of my thoughts, looking at him. I shook my head.

"Nothing. Colby was just being an ass and I had to put him back in his place. Don't worry about it."

"Alright, if you say so.. What happened to Jaz? You ever catch up to her?"

"Nah.." I lied. "Couldn't find her."

"Damn. Oh well I guess." Jon said, shrugging. That irked me. But I couldn't show it.