[13]

Reader's POV

Saturday, afternoon

Finding Jimin shouldn't be that hard. No, I'm not gonna text him. What would I say anyways? "Hey, where are you? I'm gonna tell you my feelings."

Besides, confessing shouldn't be done over text. Nothing in a relationship should be done over text.

I try my luck in the library. I greet librarian halmeoni and scurry to the back of the building, where the door leading to the secret dance room is hiding among the bookshelves.

This time, I don't hear any music. I open the door anyways since I'm already here. It wouldn't hurt to double-check.

I quietly creep down the stairs and reach for the doorknob. My heart pounds in my chest and my head spins. What if he doesn't like me anymore? What if he's mad at me because of how I reacted to the kiss?

I push all my worries out of my head and open the door to the dance room-

...only to find Jimin kissing someone else:

Kim Taehyung.

I hold in a gasp and silently close the door, engulfing myself in darkness. My eyes widen in shock at what I just saw.

Who knew that Jimin is actually-

"It hurts, doesn't it?" A deep voice comes from directly behind me. "When you see the person you love has already moved on to someone else."

I jump in surprise and spin around, only to bump into someone. My eyes adjust to the dim light and I look up at the man's face.

"Y-Yoongi?"

He looks at me and smirks. Then, he simply turns around and goes up the stairs. He steps out into the library and closes the door behind him.

"Wait a second-" I grumble, scrambling up the stairs. I find Yoongi already halfway across the library, walking at a slow, steady pace.

I walk briskly to catch up to him, and I follow him as he exists the library. He doesn't turn his head to look at me at all.

There is still a slight smirk on his face. I look away and roll my eyes, letting out an exasperated sigh.

"How'd you find me there?" I ask, trying to keep up with him as we cross the street together.

He still looks straight ahead, paying no attention to my presence whatsoever.

"Are you even gonna talk to me?" I snap.

Where are we going? I look at where he's heading- the park.

Something tells me that he wants me to follow him. I continue walking with him, no matter how frustrated I am.

He doesn't stop walking even when we reach the park. We pass the children's playground, the picnic area, and the dog park. A tennis ball flies over my head, and a dog almost runs into me. I jerk out of the way and jog towards Yoongi, who is way ahead of me.

He finally stops under a big tree, where we are separated from the other people frolicking in the park.

I stand a few feet from him and catch my breath. His hands are stuffed in his pockets and he is looking at the sky.

"You must be wondering why I've been acting this way." He suddenly says. He lowers his head and looks at me.

I cross my arms and say, "Acting like an ass, you mean?"

He smiles. Even though we're broken up, his smile still makes my heart flutter. I look away.

"I had to make you hate me," he sighs, "so you won't be sad when I leave for good."

"But," he continues, "obviously my plan didn't work. You still care about me."

"Who said I still care about you?" I ask in disbelief.

"You wouldn't have followed me all the way to here if you didn't care." He shrugs.

I open my mouth to argue, but then I close it.

"What did you mean, 'when I leave for good'?" I mumble. "Where are you going?"

He lets out a sigh and looks at his feet.

"I'm planning to start my solo career in Japan. I wanted to debut there, then I'd go on tours in America, Europe, and more. I don't know when I'll come back to Korea, but if I do, I won't even have any free time here. I'll be busy with my music. I won't have time to spend with you. We won't have enough time."

His voice breaks. "Do you know how much it hurt me, Y/N? Do you know how much I hated hurting you? I just wanted you to let go. I'm sorry. I'm sorry it has to be this way. But you deserve someone who will always be by your side. I'm not- I'll never be good enough for you."

I find myself walking towards Yoongi. I bury my face in his chest and wrap my arms around his waist.

"No matter what you do, I'll always love you, idiot." I whisper, tears falling silently down my face.

I can feel his heartbeat against my cheek as he hugs me back, resting his chin on the top of my head.

"I'll always love you more." He says.

I pull away from him and hastily wipe my tears, forcing a smile on my face.

"Now go follow your dreams." I choke out.

"Don't cry." Yoongi pulls my hands away from my face and wipes my tears, smiling sadly.

"Yoongi, don't worry." I sigh. "I'm letting you go."

"Thank you." He says quietly, then he pulls me into another hug.

Perhaps this is our last hug.

I smile through my tears as I take in his scent for the last time. Something tells me that I'll only ever see his face again on the tv or in magazines. He'll always be so far away. Even though I'm in his arms right now, I can already feel him drifting away. But this time, the feeling doesn't bring me sadness. Instead, I feel kind of relieved.

Finally.

Finally, I've let him go.

It was easier than I thought. All I needed was for him to tell me the truth.

-
[tbc]
-

next chapter you'll find out what happened to vmin in the dance room 🌚