[2]

(A/N: idek what this chapter is but enjoy)

You don't know how long you sit there looking at your empty plate. The waiter has already cleared your table, and he keeps giving you strange looks. ("Is she ever gonna leave?" You hear him whisper to another waiter. "I think she just broke up with her boyfriend" The other waiter replies).

The previous events play through your head for the thousandth time. It all seems hazy now, as if it had happened weeks ago.

"I'm sorry." His voice echoes in your mind.

Sorry for what? Sorry for always putting his career first? Sorry for already giving up on your relationship without even trying to work it out? Sorry for leaving in a flash and not thinking about how his (ex)girlfriend is supposed to get home safely?

A single tear rolls down your cheek. Stop acting like a bitch, you tell yourself. Don't cry, don't cry. Not here, please.

You didn't want to think about Yoongi anymore tonight. All you wanted to worry about was getting home.

Suddenly, you think about your mother, and how much hate she'd have for Suga when she finds out he broke up with you. Another tear spills down your cheek.

You couldn't let your mother find out.

You feel a hand gently touch your shoulder, making you jump. You look up and see Namjoon, looking tired as hell. He sees you crying and a look of anger flashes through his eyes, but is quickly replaced with deep concern.

You hastily wipe your tears away with the back of your hand. "Hi." You rasp.

"Hi. Yoongi hyung told me to come pick you up. C'mon, it's getting late. We'll talk in the car."

You can sense the anger in Namjoon's voice. But he helps you stand up and holds your arm until the both of you reach his car, as if you'd faint if he let go.

---

"'Please pick up Y/N at the Flowergarden. I'll explain tomorrow at the house'" Namjoon recites Yoongi's text angrily as he drives you home. You stay silent, looking blankly at the road ahead. (A/N: the house is the mansion that BTS shares)

"I'm not questioning your relationship or anything, but what the fuck?"

Your throat is suddenly dry. "We broke up, Joon. It's fine." It isn't.

You turn slightly and see the anger in Namjoon's eyes disappear. He glances at you with a look of deep concern.

"Oh." He says softly. "I'm sorry. Want to talk about it?"

Yeah, he's going solo, you almost blurt out, but you bite your lip back. Yoongi should be the one to tell his band members. Besides, you didn't want your best friend to become angrier than he already his.

"No. Not now." You reply instead. You can feel the tears coming again, forming a painful lump in your throat as you try to hold it back.

"Don't worry. We're almost at your house."

You suddenly sit up, your heart beating rapidly. "No!" You shout.

Namjoon slams his foot on the brake. Thank goodness his car is the only one on the road.

"What's wrong?!"

You can't hold it back anymore, and burst into tears. You hide your face in your hands.

"I- I c-can't let my mom find out-t-t." You choke out. "Please take me to m-my apartment. Please. I-"

Namjoon turns off the car and pulls your hands away from your tear-stained face. He reaches over and gently wipes away your tears.

"Hey, it's ok. We'll just turn the car around, ok?" He pulls you into a hug as you sob into his sweater.

"I'm s-sorry, your sweater-"

"Ssh, it's fine." He strokes your hair.

You stay in his embrace until you have no more tears to let out.

---

Your roommate and good friend Jennie opens the apartment door, her thick dark hair pulled up and divided into rollers. She is busy pressing a sheet mash onto her cheeks.

"Hi, Y/N. Hi, Kim Namjoon." She mumbles, then yawns. "Oh no!" She exclaims as the face mask begins to fall off.

You start to smile as you remember how silly your roommate is. You haven't seen her in a while since you've been staying at your mom's house often. But tonight you couldn't go back. Maybe never. Just to make sure your mother never finds out about-

Min Yoongi.

His name echoes in your head and your smile disappears. You look up and see Jennie staring at you with big, worried eyes. Her eyes dart between you and Namjoon as she takes in the scene: you, who has red, puffy eyes from crying, and Namjoon, whose arm is around your shoulder to keep you steady.

"Hi, Jennie. Y/N needs to stay here for the night." Then he turns to you and whispers, "Everything will be fine, Y/N. Get some rest."

With that, he squeezes your shoulder reassuringly and drives away in his car.

"Oh my god, are you okay? Why do you look like you've been crying? Didn't you say you were going to be having a date with Suga today? Why did Namjoon bring you here instead of your boyfriend?" Jennie interrogated you as she took you into her arms and guided you into your bedroom. She sits you down on the bed and rips off her face mask ("I give up on this stupid face mask." She snaps).

You look down at your hands in your lap and notice the ring Yoongi gave you when you first became a couple three years ago. It is a silver ring with a small engraving of a rose. You wonder if Yoongi still wears his.

"Oh my god, hon, I'm sorry for talking too much again. Is everything ok?" Jennie notices you staring at your couples' ring.

You look up at her and your vision blurs as a tear falls down your cheek. Jennie's eyes widen, and you know that she suddenly understands everything.

She says nothing and pulls you into a tight hug, rubbing your back to comfort you. You cry softly into her shoulder, but only for a short time. Your body seems tired of crying, as you let out most of your tears in Namjoon's car.

"Want some ice cream?" Jennie asks. A smile forms on her lips.

"Hell yeah." You reply, choking out a laugh.

What's your favorite ice cream flavor? Mine used to be cookies and cream but I ate too much of that so now I'm sick of it :(((

End of 2nd chapter! What'd you think?

lol hopefully it'll get better later