[11]

Reader's POV

Wednesday

After my morning shift at the coffee shop, I decide to take an afternoon walk through the city.

As I am walking, thoughts start filling my mind. This time, however, I welcome them.

---

It's been a few days since Yoongi and I broke up, and I think I've been handling it pretty well. I've stopped thinking about him- about us. I look back at our happy memories every now and then, but it doesn't make me break down in tears like before. There's still an empty place in my heart for him, but I think time will eventually heal the wound. I'm not fully over him yet- but I'm getting there. I think the only thing that's missing is closure between us.

Someday, we'll meet again, just the two of us, and we can finally talk about everything. Everything that's happened. After that, my heart can finally let him go.

But that doesn't mean I've forgiven him yet. I don't know why he attacked Jimin and acted as if I was still his girlfriend. I'm still mad at him for that, and also for leaving me at the restaurant the night he broke up with me.

After the night at Namjoon's house, when Jimin and Yoongi had an argument, I haven't talked to or seen any of them. I spent that night at Mom's house, then I started staying in my apartment with Jennie again.

Namjoon has been calling me multiple times, but I've been ignoring the calls. I feel terrible treating my best friend this way, but I just need space for now.

There is another thought resting in the back of my mind: the dream. I've been having the same dream every single night since the break-up, and since it tells me that the "answer" isn't Min Yoongi, it makes me more curious as time goes by.

Who is it? Will I meet him soon?

Or have I already met him?

---

I decide to stop by the city library. I remember always going here as a teenager to study or just to have quiet time. Namjoon was my study buddy in high school and college. If it wasn't for him, I probably wouldn't have graduated as one of the top students.

"Y/N! How have you been?" The old librarian greets me, the corners of her eyes wrinkling as she smiles at me warmly.

"I'm good. What about you?"

"I'm okay, I'm okay." She steps out from behind the front desk and gives me a tight hug. "Oh, I missed seeing you and your boyfriend here almost every day when you were just high school kids."

I let out a light giggle. "He wasn't my boyfriend, halmeoni. We were just study buddies. Just friends!" I remember having to clarify my relationship with Namjoon every day, but she'd always forget and swoon over us again the next day.

"Right, I forgot again." She laughs. "But he's a good man. He's perfect for you."

"Oh. Thanks." I say shyly.

"Ok, I'll stop embarrassing you now. Go find a good book to read..." She squeezes both of my hands and scurries back behind the front desk.

I smile to myself as I enter the maze of books, magazines, DVDs, and more. I'm not looking for anything in particular, but I just need a quiet break from the city noises outside.

I reach the very back of the library, where the American vinyl records are kept. It's my favorite part of the library because as a kid I've always been captivated by American music. In high school, Namjoon taught me English by making me listen to his favorite English songs.