[8]

Reader's POV

Finally, it is 12:30 in the afternoon- my shift is done for today. I had thought that working a morning shift voluntarily would keep my mind off certain things, but Jimin ruined it. After our encounter, I wasn't able to concentrate anymore. My mind was crowded with worried thoughts about Yoongi, Namjoon, and the rest of BTS.

But now I can finally go home and rest. The last few weeks of autumn are approaching. Trees are showing off vibrantly colored leaves and the cool breeze makes you wish Christmas is coming soon. I can't wait until December, where I'll have a break for two weeks. My break occurs at the same time BTS has their winter vacation, as Namjoon had told me.

My peaceful Christmas thoughts were interrupted as soon as BTS came into my mind.

Gosh, I need to get a hold of myself.

The break-up was a problem of its own, but it has seemed to have brought forth more troubling thoughts, and it was overwhelming and irritating.

I hastily untie my apron and leave the coffee shop without saying goodbye to Mina.

Since it is afternoon, the streets and sidewalks are busier than they were in the early morning. High school students can be seen walking around in small groups, finding a place to grab a quick lunch before the last half of school begins.

My phone vibrates in my back pocket. I try to read the notification, but the outdoor brightness prevents me from seeing the screen clearly.

I forget to stop walking.

As I try in vain to read from my phone, I trip over a loose concrete tile.

I curse under my breath and prepare for the minor pain and public humiliation as I feel myself falling.

Instead, I fall in someone's strong, warm arms. It all happens in slow motion, like a scene from those cheesy K-dramas that Jennie has been begging me to watch (I always refuse).

My eyes flutter open and I see a pair of brown eyes staring into mine. The rest of the man's face is hidden by a black face mask.

Nevertheless, I know those eyes.

I gently but quickly push him off and I stand upright, stuffing my phone into my back pocket.

"Thanks, Jimin." I mumble.

"No problem." He shrugs. "You okay?"

"Yeah..."

Even though his mouth is covered, I know he is smiling because his eyes turn into crescent moons. He lets out a soft laugh.

"See, Y/N. That's why you don't text while walking. Jeez, kids these days."

I scrunch up my nose and hit his arm playfully. "Shut up! You're only like a year older than me, Park Jimin."

Now that I think about it, this is the longest conversation I've had with Jimin. Even though I dated Yoongi, I wasn't really closely associated with the other BTS members besides Namjoon, as he is my best friend after all. The most I've said to the other five guys was a "hi, how's life?" / "congratulations!" / "good luck...".

Yoongi once brought me to a pizza place with the other guys, and he let me bring Jennie with us. It ended up being the seven guys laughing loudly and taking over the whole restaurant, and Jennie and I quietly slipping out to go window shopping. Yoongi apologized that night and promised we'd have "proper" dates next time, just he and I.

"Hey." Jimin waves his hand in front of my face. "Hey! You okay, Y/N? You look a little down..."

I push the bittersweet memories out of my head and come back to reality.