[1]

-

You spin around in front of your mirror, admiring the dress your friend Jennie let you borrow, just for the night. It was an off-shoulder, skin-tight dark red dress that came down to your knees. It was the perfect fit, the perfect dress, for a perfect night. After two months without him, you'd finally be seeing him again tonight.

Hopping down the stairs to your living room, your mood lightens even more as you think about him. He isn't the romantic type, especially when it comes to eating together, but he promised tonight would be special. And when he texted you the address of the restaurant yesterday, you remember why you love him so much.

He is always full of surprises.

The Flowergarden, huh?" Your mother says, pulling you out of your thoughts. You look over at the dining room and see her sitting cross-legged on the couch reading the newspaper, even though it was already 7:00 in the evening. Your 8-year-old brother is cracking up again, as he always does whenever he hears the name of the restaurant. You dodge just in time as he throws a dragon figurine at you, almost falling over in your 3-inch black heels.

"Yeah, mom. It's gonna be at the Flowergarden." You reply, lost in dreamy thoughts.

"Well, it's about time he takes you there. With the amount of money he's making, he should've taken you there every weekend since you started dating." Mom snaps back, half- joking, half-serious. Your mother never really liked the way your boyfriend arranged date nights, but one thing everyone loved about him was something far more important: his loyalty.

No matter how much your mother acted like she resented the boy, you know she loves him like her own son.

---

You wait outside your house, basking in the cool autumn breeze.

Even though he texted you that he'd be picking you up at 7:30, you've been standing in your freshly mowed lawn since 7:13.

As you wait for the black Hyundai to cruise into your driveway, you spot your next-door neighbor sitting on his porch, drinking Coca Cola from the old-fashioned kind of bottle. He doesn't seem to notice you, and is deep in thought.

"Namjoon-ah!" You call, trudging into your best friend's front lawn and plopping down next to him on the front steps.

He eyes your dress warily. "Careful. Don't wanna ruin that nice dress." He looks up and gives you a smile.

"Nice comeback, by the way," you reply cheerfully, kicking at the grass with your high heels. "We never got to talk about it since you came back home two days ago. But it's a really nice album, Joonie."

His smile grows wider, obviously touched. You know how much hard work he and his band, BTS, put into their new album, Love Yourself. And after countless concerts and fan meetings across the globe, they were exhausted.

And yet, Kim Namjoon was drinking Coke on his front porch instead of catching up on sleep. It'd seem strange to other people, but you knew your best friend. You knew that he loved to sit outside in the evenings, looking up at the stars.

"Thanks. You really liked it?" He raises an eyebrow.

You push him playfully. "Of course I did, idiot! I just said I did."

Suddenly, you hear a car honk. You excitedly look up see that the love of your life has just arrived in front of Namjoon's house, sitting pretty in his car, dressed in a clean black tux. His once-blue hair has been changed back to black. For the first time in two months, your eyes meet his dark, mysterious ones, making your heart beat faster.