Chapter 7

The next morning I slept passed my arm. I was too exhausted and sore from going out yesterday with Billie-Mae and Chase. Chase. His name echoed in my head, spreading a smile on my face. Chase had kissed me last night after we put Billie-Mae to bed. We did a little more than just kiss, though. I could help but let the memory linger in my head, reminiscing about his warm touch and the safety of his strong hold. I looked out my window from pillow, the sun already high in the sky. It must be ten in the morning.

I got out of bed and tied my hair up atop my head before walking into Billie-Mae's room to see her still asleep. I climbed under the covers with her, resting my head on her shoulder. I knew she really wasn't asleep, she was just really hungover. "We kissed." I tell her quietly. I was a little shocked at how quickly she responded to me.

"I know. I heard the heavy breathing from all the way over hear." she says. I could tell she was a irritated because of her headache. I giggled a little at her response, not sorry for what had went down last night. She swiftly placed her hand over my mouth to silence me. "Shh. No noise. It hurts too much." she groans.

I carefully got out of bed and made my way downstairs to start making some breakfast. I tried to think of something to give my hungover cousin so that she wouldn't throw it all up again. I figured some oatmeal and some bacon would be good enough, so started a pot of water and got the skillet ready. I was humming some of the songs that had played last night at the barn. I smiled to myself as more memories of last night came traveling back. The oatmeal had just finished cooked and the bacon was all ready to go. I threw in a few pads of butting and some cinnamon-sugar and some blueberries into a bowl for Billie-Mae and grabbed a small plate with some strips of bacon before heading back up stairs. As I walked to set her breakfast down, I checked her bucket, which was completely empty. I guess she can hold her alcohol better than I thought.

"Here. I made you some oatmeal if you want to try and eat." I say, setting the plate and bowl down on her nightstand. Billie-Mae opened her eyes with a disgusted look on her face. I knew exactly what that meant.

"Oh, God. I think I'm gonna--" she says before taking off for the bathroom at lightning speed. The next thing I know, Billie-Mae is throwing up everything that had consumed in the last twenty-four hours. At least I didn't have to clean the bucket. She still had some unopened water bottles on her night stand, so I decided to leave her be and go eat my own breakfast. I was halfway through my oatmeal when the doorbell rang, followed by a cry of pain from Billie-Mae upstairs. "Make it stop." I complains.

I laugh to myself as I walk to the door. I open it up to the person that I wanted to see more than anything else: Chase. He was dressed in light pair of blue jeans, his boots and a plain, forest green t-shirt. His hair was groomed in its usual way, but it was starting to get a little longer. His deep blue eyes shining in the late morning sun. "Good morning, Hayden." he says with a smile. I smiled back at him, leaning against the door. "Sleeping in, today?" he asked. I was a little confused by his question, until I looked down and realized I was still wear my University of North Carolina blue and white cotton shorts and white tank top. I blushed a little at the fact that I had so much exposed skin this time, wishing it was like this last night.

"Yes, actually." I tease him. I turned back into the house, Chase following me in and closing the door behind him. He closed the door rather loudly, causing another groan of pain from Billie-Mae in her bedroom.

"I see she's extremely hung over." Chase assesses.

"Very." I say with my hands folded over my chest, hoping to cover some of my cleavage. I motion for him to follow me to the kitchen. I offer Chase some breakfast, but I was stopped by his hand catching wrist, making me spin around so that we were chest to chest. He planted his lips on mine, giving me a lingering kiss that was just as tantalizing as the one he gave me last night. I smiled into the kiss, running hands over his chest to his shoulders. Chase broke the kiss and let his hands rest in my waist.