He thinks I'm funny

Jeremy's POV

Over the next few days, I've been finding myself spending a lot of time with Kian. He would help me with my homework when I got home from school, then we would listen to music on my I pod for a while and sit and chat about nothingness.

Those are my favorite chats. The ones that mean nothing. Because they have no meaning, no direction, no guidelines, and they're just fun.

Kian seemed to like those chats as well, He was opting to pulling really stupid and useless facts off the internet we both laughed at.

"Jeremy, did you know that most American car horns honk in the key of F?"

"I know none of this stuff!" I laugh. "Where the hell are you getting these?"

"I'm pulling them straight off the internet!~" he said with a chuckle.

"Hey Kian?" I ask.

"Hm?"

"How come your manufacturer doesn't give you a name to start out with?"

"Because we are not necessarily suppose to have a personal connection with the people we help. Giving your name for somebody to learn is a personal connection custom with humans my manufacturer thought would get in the way. But I'm glad, Jeremy, that you wanted to have a personal connection so much that you're willing to give me a name~" Kian said.

I smile. "Well I just thought it's kinda stupid to call you SQUIP."

"Seems that way yes."

A/N
((I'm not calling anyone stupid.))

Kian and I stare up at the ceiling. It's silent for too long, but I know why. We both have something bugging us. But neither of us want to ask it.

The thing on my mind is something that had been sitting in my mind for lord knows how long. But it was confirmed yesterday.

Yesterday, Kian and I were working on my homework. A stupid English paper. But I never really needed to search anything because all I needed to do was ask Kian and he would answer it for me.

We were sitting next to each other at the table and I at one point became really aware of how close we were. A blush creeps up on my face as I try to focus on my work but I just couldn't do it.

"Jeremy? Do you need a break?" Kian asks.

"A break would be nice I guess, yeah. Let's break."

Kian got up to get food.

I stayed a the table. I kept glancing at him. He was making food.

I smile. He's so nice to me. I shut him off and he still is so nice~ I remember why I shut him off but quickly dismiss that. He didn't have any reasoning then. No emotions, just a goal. Now he has emotions and morals and... and a really pretty face~ I mean... it's kinda like Keanu Reeves. But it's not. It's it's own kind of imperfect yet perfect aesthetic that I can't help to stare at.

He is still focused on food and suddenly I am VERY aware of the center of my focus.

He looks good. Really good.

I wonder if he can still read my mind...

But the other makes no notice of my thoughts. I guess I'm in the clear.

But now I'm aware of it. And will always be aware of it. And I will never get out of my head that I have a crush on Kian.

Even after admitting in my mind that I had a crush on him, he made no notice and gave no tips away that he could read my mind. At all.

I tested a bit further, letting my mind stray into places it really shouldn't when at the dinner table.

Nothing.

Except it might not be effecting him but it sure was effecting me. I feel my blush creep up my cheeks as I'm fully aware of the thoughts in my head and the tightness in my pants. This is not good. This must go away. Quickly I turned my head away from the other and filled my mind with things to help get rid of it. It worked a little at a time and I was happy when I finally got it away.

But there's nothing wrong with maybe some new material...

Then suddenly the other was next to me, setting down a very good looking sandwich.

"Wow! Thanks, Kian, this looks really good!" I said with a grin.

"Indeed!~ it is a Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato sandwich. The internet likes to abbreviate it to BLT, and I understand why. It's just simpler to say~" he said with a smile. He sits down with his own BLT and takes a bite.

I take a bite too and the taste fills my mouth. Easily the best BLT I've had in my life. "Dude, where did you get the recipe?!" I ask.

He chuckles. "I just searched for the sandwich with the best ratings and a good recipe with four and a half or higher stars with 1000 or more ratings." He said.

"Wow!~ it's so good!!" I said. I finished it quickly.

"Good lord Jeremy, did you even taste it? You practically shoved the whole thing into your mouth all at once!" Kian said with a laugh.

I blushed. Then grinned.

"What?" Kian asked. "I don't like that smile.... that the 'I have a thought that is perverse' Jeremy smile." Kian said.

I laugh. "Nah it was just a funny joke." I said.

"I like jokes~" Kian said.

"You won't like this one, it's perverse~" I chuckle.

"See?! I told you!" Kian said.

There was some silence.

"Tell me anyway." Kian said curiously.

"That's what she said." I said with a smirk.

"What. I don't understand."

I let the joke resonate with him.

After about a minute his face goes pale then beet red. "Oh my god, JEREMY!" He said covering his face.

I'm now laughing so hard tears are forming in my eyes.

"JEREMY J E S U S  C H R I S T!" He said, muffled in his arms on the table.

But he's laughing! I can see his shoulders spazzing and it makes my heart flutter. He's laughing~

He thinks I'm funny~