Lets teach the super computer

Jeremy's POV

It's not the easiest thing trying to teach a super computer who, by the way, has never had emotions before now.... how to have emotions.... and to know how to use those emotions to communicate too. It's actually almost IMPOSSIBLE. But, because of the fact that at least he has a human body, it is not COMPLETELY impossible.

Just excruciatingly painful on my mental health.

"What do you mean?" Kian asks.

"I mean, it's sort of a bubbling heated feeling that kind of rises to your face. Hate is hard to explain. And google won't explain it right it's a feeling." I say. I think about anything I know of that Kian would hate. "Hold on I'll show you." I get up and look for something. I bring him a glass of water. "Here like.... when you see this, what does it make you think?"

".... I wanna drink it?" Kian asks.

"No! Arg!" I groan. "I thought electronics hated moisture!"

"Only in our systems." Kian said.

"Oh! Okay so like... imagine that this cup of water was about to get spilled on your system."

His face contorts to a look of disapproval.

"There! That! That right there! That's a form of hate. That's what your feeling right now~" I said, finally happy to get that one out of the way.

"Oh. I think I understand that now." Kian said.

"Okay. Now... what next? What are you curious about when it comes to feelings?"

"Uh. Well, one of the most confusing feelings on the internet is Love. What does that feel like, Jeremy?" He asks innocently.

I sigh. "Well ki, Uh. I- I don't know how to explain that one to you. It's the exact opposite of hate. Can you go off of that?"

He looked confused.

"Yeah I thought not. Well... uh. Like.... when I was with Christine a year ago. That feeling I had. That was love. And around my dad, that's a different kind of love. It's like a more concentrated feeling of friendship." I said. Then I backed off that thought. "No no no, never mind it's not like that either... I- I'd show you but I don't really know how. I don't know what you like- what you fall for. That's a sort of thing for you to find out." I said.

Kian sighs. "For some reason you are not exactly the best at explaining positive emotions but you have had little trouble with the negative ones."

I laugh. "Yeah, well pardon my experience skewing to the negative side, I've lived with it all my life." I said.

I see a bit of color ease to his face when I laugh. "You okay?" I ask.

He tenderly touches his face at my question as if there was something on them. "I seem to be." He said looking at his hand to inspect it for the culprit of the color.

"That's a blush buddy. That's part of the love category." I said with a smile. "Means you like something."

"You laughed and I felt a thing in my stomach and my face got hot." He examined.

"Means you like my laugh. Sometimes vocal cues can cause emotional triggers and whatnot. Just like smells can trigger you to sneeze or cringe. Feeling stuff can also cause that stuff too."

"Feeling stuff?" Kian asks.

"Yeah, but I'm not gonna go there with you. You know how masterbation works." I said with a chuckle.

His face lights up. "I-oh." He seems to find new realization. "OH." He said again. "Jeremy! That means when you masterbate it's you feeling love?!" He asks.

"What?! No- ki, goddamnit no! Okay. When you feel love, it makes you feel weird and that feeling is what makes you masterbate. Or. Have sex. Depends on the looser scale your on. Or if your dating anyone or if you even really want to be sexually active with another person or not. It's complicated, Kian." I said.

"Oh. So. Hold on. The feeling in your face makes the feeling you get that makes you masterbate? Or have sex?" He asks.

"Yeah. I guess you could say that." I said, not knowing the conclusion Kian is trying to make.

"So the thing that makes your face heat up also makes you sexually active?"

"Sometimes." I said, cautiously wondering what conclusion he's trying to make.

"So. You make me sexually active?" He said.

My own face lights up. "N-n-no! Kian, other things can make your face hot, okay? N-not Just Love."

"But your laugh."

"I- I know what I said! But just hold on!" I said trying to fix this. "Because sometimes things like embarrassment can do it too and things like talking about subjects your not comfortable with and stuff."

"So where does your laugh fall into?"

"....... l-let's just move on, Okay?" I said.

Kian nods. "Love is annoying and confusing." He said.

"Amen." I sigh.

"So what does sex feel like?"

"OKAY I THINK ITS TIME FOR LUNCH!" I say getting up. I quickly make my way to the kitchen.

"Why is that such a hard subject for you to confront? According to the internet, sex is a beautiful union of souls! It says it also feels really good!" Kian said.

"G-good! You answered your own question!" I said, nervous. "L-lets move on!"

"It said that you do it with the person you love. And it said that if your cheeks get hot it's a sign of love!"

"KIAN STOP!" I said.

Kian quieted down. "But I was just trying to connect."

"I-.... I know. I'm sorry." I said. "It's a touchy subject." I said.

"Apologies." Kian said softly. "I was unaware of your discomfort." He said backing away.

"It's okay ki. You didn't know. It's okay." I said. "You hungry?"

Kian nods. "I think." He said.

"Sounds good. I'll make sandwiches." I said.

As I put it together, I couldn't help but to think about what Kian was trying to piece together. What was he saying? That he loved me? That he loved my laugh?

That's gotta be it. He just loves my laugh.

That's just it....... right?