PART-14

The next couple of days were spent in investigating the case. Nirvaan appointed the best in everything and he himself tried to find out what exactly happened...he asked Raina to meet him once...and after pleading her for a long time she agreed...

"What is it?" She asked...

"Raina i want to know the truth from you...i know you didnt do this...but what Ashika said is not something i can neglect as her husband..."

"Who asked you to believe me Nirvaan? You can go on with what you heard from your wife"

"If you wont answer anything...i will accept you as the suspect..."

She remained silent...

"Raina please"

"Even if I say i didn't do it...will you agree"

She asked. His eyes scrutinized hers as she moved her gaze away. Staring at him for a little longer could make her go weak all over again and that would be Injustice to Adhiraj..

"Just try me" he said resting himself back in a comfortable posture...

"What do you think of it?" She asked...

"Right now i just believe my wife...I dont think she is lying ...she was really scared back then..." He said...

She smiled a little...

"You know what? I aint explaining myself to strangers....i know i didnt do anything...who are you that i must admit it? Who are you for me to speak up...?"

A pin drop silence showered there. Their eyes met...they could feel each other's mind...but none spoke a word until she collected her bag and walked out. He sat there...as she passed away by there..

...........

Nirvaan was quite confused. He sat inside his study that night thinking deeper into all the clues he got from her.. Ashika and Raina...both have been important person in his life...he needs to reach the way to this maze which will otherwise put him there forever...

"Aaaa Nirvaan..."

He heard Ashika scream as he ran inside the room to find her hiding behind the bed. His parents too walked upstairs to find her scared...

"Ashika..."

"Whats the matter Ashika?" He asked...

She slowly pointed towards the open window. The curtains moved with the rhythm of the air as he walked closer to it and removed the curtains...

"There...there she wasthere with a knife and looking at me...she was asking me to be quiet or else i will be dead...she wanted to kill me. See this rash..."

She showed her hand as he saw a few red signs of fingers over her wrist. He thought for a moment as he made her lie down on bed and put her to sleep...

He walked out as his mother said...

"I really think someone is after her..."

His mother said...

"Yeah mom...and its high time now to just find out who is behind this weird mystery"

................

The following day made Raina frown over what Adhiraj said. She proposed to him to let her meet Ashika once while he rejected it firmly...

"Its important Adhi.. i need to meet her once to reach the truth..."

"No ways...and get ready today is your book launch just get ready"

He walked away as she sighed. She checked the time and got herself ready in a pink saree with matching accessories... They left eay for the launch while her mind was still there...she have to meet Ashika once...