Chapter 7

Brendon

I set Bogart down, frowning. I didn't even know my dog went missing!

And that's more important than what's- than who's standing in front of you right now? a voice said in my head.

I almost rolled my eyes. "Shut up," I muttered.

Ryan raised his brows. "I'm sorry?"

Did I fucking say that out loud? "What-? Oh, nothing. So, uh, do you... wanna come in?"

He opened his mouth to reply, but he was cut off by my daughter's voice behind me. "Hey da-"

"Woah!" she shouted as Bogart jumped- he jumped- into her arms, licking her face. "Looks like someone's delighted to see me."

She looked up and winced when she saw Ryan and me staring at her.

"Sorry," she mumbled and went back in, closing the door silently.

I turned back to Ryan and smiled awkwardly, shifting my weight from foot to foot nervously. He smiled- although it didn't reach his eyes. We just stood there for a moment and stared. Ryan was never one who could stand awkward moments, so he spoke up.

"Your daughter?"

I nodded. "Yeah. I'm pretty sure she and your son take a few classes together...?

He gave me a close-lipped smile, nodding along. Ryan pulled out his phone, his brow furrowing. "I- uh, I gotta go. Do you maybe... wanna go out for coffee tomorrow?"

No, yes, maybe, I don't know. "Sure. Set the time and date."

We exchanged phone numbers and waved each other goodbye. I entered the house, closing the door silently behind me as I looked down at my phone, saving Ryan's phone number and naming his contact Ryan Ross.

"Was that Ryan Ross?"

Breanna

I looked up from my book as my dad entered the house, kicking the door closed.

"Was that Ryan Ross?" I asked.

He flinched, as if he didn't know I was here. "Uh, yeah. He's your... friend's dad."

The emphasis he put on the word friend almost made me laugh. "Yes, dad, I knew that. I was the one who told you."

He nodded absentmindedly, not even bothering to remark on the sarcasm in my voice. "You hungry? I'm ordering pizza."

"Yes." I picked up the dogs from the ground and put my arms around the little fluffballs. "Very hungry."

I picked up the last slice of pizza and nibbled on the edge of it. "It's a holiday tomorrow. Are you going to work?"

He held up a hand as if to say, wait, and swallowed his food. "Yes, I am. Only for a few hours or so though, since, like you said, it's a holiday tomorrow. Why'd you ask?"

"Nothing," I replied, shrugging. "I was just going to ask if I could come with you since there's literally nothing to do here without you and mom."

"Hm." He pondered on it for a while and then he spoke. "That's sweet. Of course you can come but there's nothing much to do at work either."

"Alright," I said, wiping my mouth and standing up, taking the plates and placing them in the sink.

"Leave the dishes to me," dad said from behind me. "You go get some rest and sleep early."

I nodded and ran up the stairs silently, only stopping once to look back at my dad-just to make sure he was okay- and ran up the stairs and into my room.

I grabbed a pillow and buried my face in it, sighing. I hated being angry with Lauren. The last time we fought was when we were about nine years old and I cried for days because I thought she hated me and didn't want to be friends with me anymore. I'm that kind of friend who always needs to be reassured that everything is fine or I might just break down and cry.

Brendon

It was about ten o'clock when I headed up the stairs to sleep. I peeked in Yanna's room and saw her hugging a pillow, fast asleep. I smiled to myself and closed the door quietly.

I headed to my room- mine and Sarah's room, rather- and plopped onto our bed rather ungracefully. I pulled out my phone and opened Ryan's contact and as if on cue, a text message from him appeared.

[insert place] 4PM. Are you okay with that?

I thought on it for a moment. Coffee at four in the afternoon? Why not?

Yep. See you there :)

And that was that. I locked my phone and went to sleep.

(A/N)

HEY EVERYONE I'M FREAKING OUT BECAUSE HOW THE FUCK DID THIS GET TO 700+ READS?! IT'S SUCH A SHITTY STORY AND IDK WHY YOU PEOPLE READ IT BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH OML IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME.

Anyways

This is such a short and ugly chapter because I wrote it in like less than an hour and I didn't proof-read it SORRY T^T

and in the next chapter Brendon and Ryan finally get to talk about... stuff :--)

Thank you all once again for reading this fanfic (as crappy as it is)!

Angie♡

P.S. I just realized I haven't updated in like a month or so ??? what the hell?? Sorry I've been pretty busy with life and trying to find out who I am (JOKING I WAS JUST BUSY WITH SCHOOL BUT NOW I AM BACK)

Edit: Holy. Shit. I think I last updated January. I AM TERRIBLY SORRY OML