"You can wait for the Clave if you want Alec. Contact them, send word on the situation, but I guarantee they will not lift a single finger. Let them reprimand us later, but I am going to save Simon with or without you," I told him.

I turned on my heel away from a brooding Alec towards the rest of the group and told them I was ready to go. I knew Alec meant well and was still dependent on the Clave and its law, but I hoped he would see the truth in the situation. Simon was in trouble and we were the only ones that could save him from his impending fate at the hands of Camille.

I walked towards the doors of the Institute with the others following behind me. I briefly was aware that I heard four pairs of footsteps following and briefly turned to see Alec was there and he gave me a smirk. Turning back forward my lips turned up into a ghost of a smile, happy for the moment that he chose to come with us even if it was against his better judgment. We continued walking in silence towards our mission at hand. We walked towards the Hotel Dumort in a painful silence. We stood there side by side just outside, ready for the rescue mission. I looked to my side at the other Shadowhunters and nodded to them to go in and get Simon. Before Alec left, he took my face in his hands and looked deep into my eyes.

"Be careful in there," he said to me half in sincerity and half as an apology for our little tiff earlier. I nodded agreeing with his sentiment and accepting his silent apology, "you too". He then kissed me softly before he joined the others.

I kicked in the front door being enough of a distraction to allow the other Shadowhunters to collect Simon. Twelve pairs of eyes turned my way with fangs bared at my sudden intrusion. They prepared themselves for an attack right when I armed myself with my blades.

"One of you has broken the accords and I'm here to collect. Where's Camille?" I demanded.

The vampires looked at each other confused then back at me with the same anger as before.

"What do you want with Lady Belcourt?" a vampire asked.

"Are you deaf as well as stupid? She broke the accords and you know what that means. So, let's save some lives here and tell me where she is," I responded.

"The lady has done nothing and you have no proof of this Shadowhunter. Leave before it's your life that gets taken," another vampire stated.

"Well other than the fact she has a mundane friend of mine here right now and has killed mundanes before, no nothing. Oh wait, that is breaking the accords. Tell me where she is or I will kill my way to her. I'm short-tempered right now so I'd choose the easier route if I were you," I told the growing group of vampires before me.

The anger was rising inside and I was deadly when angry. I stepped closer to them yet no one attacked, the closer I got the more riled they were. All it took was one vampire to approach me and it set me off. He came running at me fangs bared but I saw him coming and cut him in half. As the two halves fell to the ground I looked up to the group with an evil smile.

"Any other takers? No, great where is Camille? My patience is wearing thin," I announced.

Two more vampires approached me and attacked, leaving me to fight a bit more. My blade ultimately was no match for them and they too fell to the floor dead.

"Enough!" an angry voice boomed.

Masculine for sure, but slightly familiar. I looked towards the voice only to see a circle of vampires surrounding me. After what felt like an eternity, the group dispersed to allow a man to step forward. The man I swore Simon would never become, the one Camille took from me years ago, Raphael.

"Raphael? Are you in charge here? Seems Camille has made you her loyal pet," I said in annoyance.

"Nice to see you too my old friend. Camille may leave me in charge while away but I am no pet, chica. Plus New York does better for my complexion than España ever did, little sun you see. Come with me Vicky, she has been waiting for you," he spoke.