Pick Your Poison

After that day at the Silent City, I closed myself down. I threw myself into training and didn't dare speak about what happened. Alec tried and failed multiple times to talk about it; about who Jonathan was, about how I thought it was my fault. As much as I trusted him and wanted to tell him, I needed time. I couldn't wrap my head around blanking Jonathan from my memory at all. I knew it was Valentine that killed my parents, but how did my mind block out the fact he was not only our neighbour in Idris but Jonathan's father. What or who blocked them from my mind? All I knew is that I needed to figure out what I saw and try and piece together my thoughts.

I busied myself with training to keep my emotions from taking over me. The others didn't notice much as they were too busy dealing with Clary's massive daddy bombshell. Valentine, the man who killed my entire family and numerous others was her father. I could only imagine what she was going through, but I needed to talk to her about what I saw. She's new to our world and not as strong as us, she needed time to process before I give her another bombshell.

Jace and Clary were trying to contact Magnus for a meeting to discuss her memories. Magnus may be old but he wasn't stupid. He demands payment for things he doesn't find useful to himself. After all, she had been through I felt I owed the girl answers, especially since I'd be giving her some more. Overhearing their disappointed conversation from the headquarters I stopped hitting the bag in front of me. I went over to my bag to find my phone. My phone was in my hoodie pocket as I pulled it out. Dialling the all too familiar number I waited for the sparkly warlock to answer.

"Hey sweetie pie, what can I do you for?" the chirping warlock asked.

"Magnus, give them the meeting," I replied without emotion.

"No can do angel face, you know my policy," Magnus answered back.

"You owe me Magnus and Clary for that matter," I spat back.

"How so angel?" he questioned softly, sensing my hostility.

"We went to see the Silent Brothers Magnus," saying angrily.

"Oh," he whispered.

"Oh is right. You lied to me and we never lie to each other. That was our promise, Magnus. We know Valentine is her father and you made me believe you didn't know. You knew all about Clary and her family and lied to me," I confessed.

"Listen, Vicky, I was trying to protect the girl. Plus, with your history with Valentine, I didn't want you to know," Magnus whispered.

"Oh what a load of bull, Magnus. Don't you dare Magnus! Don't you dare try and make this about me! You lied to me to protect you and only you. I can't believe you would do this to me, lie to me about something so important. If I knew I could have helped Clary and maybe she wouldn't be so hurt right now. I knew you could be selfish Magnus, but it's me. We promised to never lie to each other, you broke our promise, Magnus. I am so upset with you right now," I yelled on the verge of tears.

"I'm so sorry angel face, really. I never wanted to lie to you or hurt you. Let me make it up to you," he pleaded.

"Give them the meeting then maybe we will talk," I responded.

"You got it! Bring everyone tonight, I'm having a party and we will sneak in some time to talk," Magnus said happily.

"Tonight. We need to talk about this Magnus, I'll see you later," I said hanging up the phone.

I let out a sigh as the dial tone was cut off. All these years and he never once lied to me about anything. He knew about Clary, he knew about Valentine, he knew everything and told me he didn't. Was he just protecting me and Clary or being selfish? I shook the thoughts from my head and looked out of the training room into the headquarters. Seeing everyone there except Alec huddled together trying to figure out a plan. Not bothering to cover my exposed stomach with my jacket, I walked over to them. They all looked up at me when I entered the room.