“Why can’t I take you dress shopping?” Luke asks and I laugh in his face.

            “It has to be a surprise. There’s no convincing me, no matter what you say.” I say and he smiles at me and kisses my cheek.

            “Do you need a ride home or is Brad taking you home?”

            “Brad has his car.” I say and he nods his head. “I’ll see you tomorrow right?” He nods his head. “Okay, I’ll see you tomorrow morning in class.”

~*~

            It’s prom night and Chloe and I are in my room getting our dresses on, my father paid someone to come to the house to do our hair and makeup. Chloe is about to leave my house to meet her date back at her house. “I’ll see you there, you look so beautiful by the way, just like a bride.” Chloe says hugging me.

            “Thanks and you look like a princess.” I say hugging her back. “Thank you for being such a great friend. I know I could count on you for anything.” She looks me in the eye and a tear rolls down my cheek and she wipes it away.

            “You don’t need to thank me, you’re like a sister to me of course I’ll do anything for you.” She says with a smile on her face. “Now, don’t cry, you’ll ruin your makeup.” She says and I laugh.

            “Okay, I promise no more crying.” I say with a smile. I push her out the door. “Go, you’re going to be late.” I say and she laughs.

            “I’ll see you in a little.” She yells over her shoulder, slams the door shut, and drives away. I look at myself in the mirror and smile at my reflection. I’m wearing a white puffy dress with crystal sewn into the top part, and the puffy part is made of tool. I have crystal headband in my hair and it’s in an up-do with little curls falling around my face. The doorbell rings and my father answers it and strikes up a conversation with Luke for a little.

            “Oh Brittany, get your butt down here, your date is here.” My father yells from the stairs and I laugh to myself walking out of my room bringing my pink clutch with me. I grab my camera and run down the stairs excited to see Luke. I run up to him and hug him grabbing my camera.

            After the pictures with Luke, I take a few pictures with my father, since he got dressed up just for this moment. Luke pulls the corsage onto my wrist and I pin a flower to his tuxedo. I take a picture with my dad and with Luke and I smile while looking at it. “My two favorite guys in the world.” I say giving each of them a kiss on the cheek. “I love you guys.”

            “Love you, too.” They both say with the same smile on their face. “We should get going, don’t want to ruin the surprise.” Luke says with a smirk and I look at my father and he just shrugs refusing to tell me.

            As soon as we enter the room for the prom, Luke walks me to the dance floor. People look at us. Most of everyone in the room say hi to us. Luke goes to dance with a few of his friends and I grab Chloe away from Crystal. After a few songs, the principle walks up onto stage and quiets everyone down. “It’s time to announce prom King and Queen.” He says and everyone cheers. “Okay, so for prom queen we have, Brittany Calasto.” He says I look at Chloe and she pushes me up onto the stage. I look around the students lost for words. “And for every Queen there has to be a special King.” He says into the microphone while the class president hands over the crown. “The prom King is Luke Anderson.” The principle says not at all surprised. Luke runs up to the stage, lifts me in his arms and spins me in a circle. Everyone starts to awe and laugh. I blush and laugh embarrassed. Luke accepts his crown and walks me down to the middle of the dance floor where everyone gathers in a circle for us. Hero by Enrique Iglesias blasts through the speakers and Luke wraps his arms around my waist and I wrap mine around his neck.