Chapter Fourteen

After school Luke takes me out to lunch, Brad and Mike have to follow us but thank God, we could at least sit alone. “Do you want to meet my family?” He asks after we order our food.

            “Um, right now,” I ask and he nods. “I’m not ready.” I say.

            “You’re perfect no matter what.” He says and I blush. “It’ll be fun I promise.” He says and I look to Brad and Mike to see if they’re okay with it. They just shrug.

            “Under one condition,” I say and he nods. “If I feel uncomfortable around your family at all, you have to take me home as soon as I say it, deal?” He shakes my hand and we get up after paying the bill. “Oh, by the way, Brad and Mike have to be with us.”

            “I figured that much.” Luke says with a smile.

            “Brad, Mike, do you mind if we go to his house?”

            “Not a problem with us at all.” They smile and we head to the cars. Luke calls his mom to let him know.

            “I didn’t know you were practically my neighbor.” I say getting out of the car. “Why didn’t you ever tell me you lived down the road from me?” He just shrugs. “Are you sure they’ll like me?”

            “Brittney, are you kidding? You’re such a lovable person. Who wouldn’t like you?” He says taking my hand in his.

            “Crystal.” I say.

            “Crystal a straight up bitch to everyone, she doesn’t count.” I laugh it off and we get to his front door. “Mom, I’m home.” He says.

            “I’m in the kitchen sweetie.” His mother says in a motherly voice. We all walk into the kitchen and she looks up surprised. “Oh, you must be Brittney. It’s a pleasure to meet you. I’ve heard so much about you.” She says giving me a kiss on the cheek.

            “Nice to meet you too Mrs…”

            “Mrs. Anderson, but please call me Trisha.” She smiles at me and looks at Brad and Mike. “And who are these two men?”

            “Oh, they’re my body guards.” I say nonchalantly. She opens her mouth in shock. “My father thought it would be best after everything going on.”

            “Oh, I see.” She says relaxing a little. “Are you guys famous or something?” She asks and I shrug.

            “Eh, sort of, not really.” I say with a shrug. She looks at me with a raised eyebrow. “My father owns the Calasto Hotel’s.” I say and her mouth drops open again.

            “Oh, my God, no way, I always stay there when I go on vacation and they’re around.” She says and I smile.

            “Okay mom, don’t steal my girlfriend away from me.” Luke says walking into the living room with us. “Come with me.” He says grabbing my hand and leading me towards the stairs.

            I look at Brad. “I’m sorry.” I mouth to him and he shrugs waving his hand. I laugh a little and go upstairs with him. He opens the door to his room and we find it covered in plastic. “Uh, are you guys renovating?”

            “Not that I know of,” he says looking around confused. His room is empty except for his bed. He walks to the stairs. “Mom, what happened to my room?” He yells from the top of the stairs.