Chapter Twenty-Three

A few days later, I’m sitting in my room bored while both my father and Luke are at work at the hotel. I decide to play around with my laptop. I watch YouTube videos of people singing different songs to inspire myself with a song to sing. For the past few days I’ve been wondering what my life would be like if I actually told my story. I sit cross legged on my bed and pull my hair into a messy bun. I look up songs on YouTube and decide to go with Neon Lights by Demi Lovato.

            I grab my iPhone so I could record the song while reading the lyrics. I get the lyrics of the song and the instrumental version of the song. “Hi guys. I’ll be singing a song for you today. This is the first time I’m singing this song out loud, so if I make a mistake with the lyrics don’t be mad. Well other than that, I hope you enjoy this and leave me recommended songs you’d like to hear. All right I’ll stop talking now.” I tell the viewers. I wave at the camera and stop recording just so that way I could mash up both of the videos onto YouTube. I record a new video just as the song starts and start to sing to the song that’s always playing on the radio. Since I’m still not used to singing for a crowd I sing while sitting down. I don’t know if I should be more active like most of the girls I’ve seen while taping themselves.

            Once the song is over, I tap the stop button my phone and place the phone on charger. I sign into YouTube and upload a new video, not this one though. Before I do anything I want to set some people straight so I record this video on my laptop.

            “Hi people, I know most of you are disappointed in me over my Fourth of July performance. Some of you were there to witness it, and most of you heard about it from social media and/ or news. And I know some of you guys won’t forgive me and I would understand if you don’t. I’ve let you guys down. But there’s something you don’t know about me, I’ve never told anyone except for my father and my boyfriend Luke, who some of you guys know from my YouTube videos. So please, keep your mean comments to yourself. I’m here to tell you my side of my story, and if you don’t like it, then don’t watch me.” I say to the camera before taking a deep breath. “Before I’ve decided to tell you the truth behind my disappearance from that weekend, I’ve been thinking of doing a video diary of my life and posting it here for you guys to get a closer look of what my hectic life is like. If you’d like me to do that you could comment and subscribe so that way I know how many people would like that.” My phone starts to ring so I have to stop the record button.

            “Hello?” I say to Luke.

            “Hey babe, how are you? What are you doing?” Luke asks me and I check the time to see how he’s on his lunch hour.

            “Nothing, making a video on YouTube.” I say.

            “Really what for?”

            “I just want my story to be out already, I feel guilty for running off on the fourth of July show, and nobody knows why I did it. I want to be real with my ten fans that want to hear from me.” I tell him.

            “Ten? More like ten thousand.” He says with a laugh. “Brittany no need to be modest, you know you can be conceited about this stuff.”

            “Ewe, I hate conceited people.” I laugh at him. “So what do you plan on doing for your lunch hour.”

            “Um, that’s why I’m calling, I wanted to know if you were doing anything, but I’m on my way over right now, leave the door unlocked so I could walk in and interrupt your recording session.”

            “Well than I won’t be recording until you get here, well I’ll delete the one I just made before you called. Thank you so much for ruining the perfect video.” I say annoyed at him.