Chapter Seventeen

A/N: Sorry this took so long, I didn't realize I finished this Chapter without publishing it. Hope you enjoy it.

~*~

“Surprise!” Everyone screams once Robert and I walk into the ballroom of the hotel. I cover my mouth and Luke walks up to me his arms open. “I’m proud of you.”

            “You graduated too.” I say with a laugh.

            “Yeah, but most famous people drop out. So just be proud of yourself.” He says handing me a bouquet of flowers of different colors. I smell the flowers and smile up at him.

            “Thank you, this means so much to me.” I say and peck him on the lips. “I’m proud of you too.” I say and grab his hand. I place the flowers down on one of the tables just as the DJ blast the first song.

            “This one is for you Brittany.” The DJ says through his microphone pointing to me. “Congratulations.” He blasts the song I Made It by Kevin Rudolf. I grab Luke’s arm, go to the middle of the dance floor, and start dancing with him.

            “We made it.” I yell over the music. Our friends were supposed to come, but it wouldn’t be fair to celebrate for only me, when we all graduated and they wanted to celebrate with their families. We all congratulated each other and promised to keep in touch in the summer.  

            Half way through the party the DJ announces it time for the real party. The lights turn down, neon color lights turn on, and all the teenagers that came go crazy jumping up and down fist pumping. I walk up to my father and wrap my arms around him. “Thank you daddy, this is the best gift ever.” I say kissing his cheek.

            “It’s nothing sweetie, just enjoy the rest of your night.” He says taking a sip of his coffee. The song I Like it Like That by Hot Chelle Rae blast through the speakers and I run to Luke on the dance floor and start dancing, this is one of my favorite songs.

            After dancing and kissing Luke for a while the party comes to an end and my father wants to take pictures of me with the group. One of the employees takes the picture for us and my father walks up to Luke after the picture is taken. “Take her back to your place for a little, I’m going to stay behind and help fix up this place. It’s supposed to be brand new so I don’t want to disappoint my future costumers.” He says and Luke nods. “I trust you with her.”

            “I understand Joe, I’ll take her to my place and only my place.” He says and I laugh to myself.

            “Bye daddy, I’ll see you later.” I say kissing his cheek. I grab Luke’s hand and we walk to the car together.

Once we get to his house, I see his mother in the kitchen making some snacks. “Hey sweetie how was the graduation party?”

“It was fun, why didn’t you go?” I ask.

“I had work. I got back half an hour ago. I’m glad you guys had fun, you deserve it.” She smiles at me.

“Thank you.”

“So are you going to stay for dinner?” I nod my head. “Good, I’m making pizza.”

“My mom makes the best pizza.” Luke says with a smile. “Thanks mom you know me too well.” He says with a laugh. He walks up to her and wraps her into his arms giving her a kiss and I just have to awe at it. Not knowing I awed out loud until they both look at me and start to laugh.

“I’m sorry for ruining the moment, it’s just I don’t always see men like Luke kissing and hugging their mother everyday. We need more people like you Luke I think it’s rather sexy when you do that.” Both he and his mom start to laugh and I begin to laugh with them.